+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shelvey

Shelvey

off to the Hammers in the summer?

20 mill apparently..

The broadcaster claimed in their live transfer blog on Sunday [11:45am] that the Magpies will look to offload the 27-year-old for £20million in the next transfer window.

Shelvey has not played for Newcastle in the Premier League since January 2 due to injury.

Good move for West Ham?

Shelvey’s season has been plagued by injuries and the last thing that West Ham will want in the summer is yet another player who spends more times on the sidelines than he does on the pitch.

Jack Wilshere, Carlos Sanchez and Andriy Yarmolenko were all signed last summer and have all suffered long-term injuries.

Shelvey is a good player and would do well for the Hammers, but only if he is playing every week.

For £20million, you would want someone who has a more reliable fitness record.

Likely to happen?

It is understandable that Newcastle would want to get rid of Shelvey in the summer.

Rafa Benitez has worked on a shoestring budget since the Magpies were promoted to the Premier League and offloading Shelvey for £20million could see him make some improvements to the side.

West Ham will surely want to bring that price-tag down though.

about 10 to 15 i reckon, opinions?

Afternoon, John

I reckon £20 mil for Shelvey is probably about right...maybe a couple of ,il less with add-ons for appearances.

He's a strange one...one of the best passers in the Prem (although, ironically, recently both Lejeune and Longstaff have hit several passes he would have been proud of) and in the latter stages of last season he was outstanding with his passing, tackling and movement. But...he isn't consistent enough. Let's be honest, if he was at the top oh his game regularly he'd still be with Liverpool.

Worth more than £20 mil on his day...not worth it when it's not his day so, on balance, that seems a reasonable price in today's market.

Good afternoon back Zippster...

you don't get much for 20 mill these days do you?
    even if he's a squad player he has too be more worth than selling surely!
    i'd have him at ours in a heartbeat TBH, if you have ambitions ie Europe a big squad is a must....

mate, John.

Your pitch is 10 yards longer and 6 yards wider...you never know, he might make better use of the bigger space.

Personally, if we lost him but replaced him, I wouldn't be too bothered either way. if pushed, I'd say keep him.

Sell

the pitch fella

The pitch at London Stadium is the standard size required by Premier League and UEFA Rules, 105 x 68m.

At the Boleyn Ground, the pitch was 100.5 x 68m as ground staff could not make the standard length due to the confines of the Stadium.

Pitch dimensions cannot be changed during a Season and nor can it be smaller than the standard dimensions unless it is structurally impossible.

To offer some comparison, the pitch dimensions at Wembley Stadium - an arena that every professional player aspires to - are 105m x 69m

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    Sell

why?

Quote Originally Posted by dagenhamJohn View Post
    the pitch fella

The pitch at London Stadium is the standard size required by Premier League and UEFA Rules, 105 x 68m.

At the Boleyn Ground, the pitch was 100.5 x 68m as ground staff could not make the standard length due to the confines of the Stadium.

Pitch dimensions cannot be changed during a Season and nor can it be smaller than the standard dimensions unless it is structurally impossible.

To offer some comparison, the pitch dimensions at Wembley Stadium - an arena that every professional player aspires to - are 105m x 69m
    Ahh...my bad...the site I used had yours down as 115 yards and ours just down as 105 so i assumed it was yards as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Ahh...my bad...the site I used had yours down as 115 yards and ours just down as 105 so i assumed it was yards as well.
    buck up mate 'my bad ' is yank, we don't like that

Quote Originally Posted by dagenhamJohn View Post
    buck up mate 'my bad ' is yank, we don't like that
    ffs, John, give us a break...I'm trying to write reports (3 times a bastad year now ) and stay in touch on here at the same time!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)