+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Inverness Caley Thistle

Inverness Caley Thistle

our next opponents were superb en route to the Scottish Cup semi - final with a thoroughly deserved victory over the Arabs despite some dubious decisions by the referee going against them.

So Queens are bound to win then?

Absolutely not, and this is the point that some of us are missing, - the Championship is of an extremely high calibre this year and Queen of the South do not have a divine right to be a part of it.

Now, - having said that, - I do think the fans on this board are correct to demand that a more attacking team is put on the park, - pushing the opposition further up the pitch.

Dobbie is struggling because he is being expected to take on a role which even Messi himself could not do. Let Stirling and Aird run at teams and use Marshall and Mercer in the overlapping roles, - forcing defences to look after these players, - thus giving Dobbie more space and time.

We have all been asking for this type of set up all season, - and against Ross County and Ayr Utd it was very effective, - but against Alloa, - we all know about the sucker -punch.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this: Please Mr. Naysmith can you set out your stall on Saturday to attack ICT from the kick off, - because that is what the supporters desire. Supporters, - if Mr. Naysmith does go out with all guns blazing, - but we are caught out at the back (because unfortunately that's where we are vulnerable) don't shoot the manager.

We all want to have our cake and eat it, - but we can't demand an attacking team and then berate the manager if we lose a goal.

Saturday will be a difficult game for Queens, - but I'll say this about ICT; that quarter final match was absolutely huge for them, - as progress to the Semi Final will very much reduce their massive deficit, - so they will not be playing with the same ruthless determination as they were against Dundee Utd. Queens have had an extra day to prepare, and this match is the equivalent to us as the quarter final was to ICT, - so we need to be at them from the off, and I reckon they will capitulate, - because they will have both eyes on the semi final.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Absolutely not, and this is the point that some of us are missing, - the Championship is of an extremely high calibre this year and Queen of the South do not have a divine right to be a part of it.

Now, - having said that, - I do think the fans on this board are correct to demand that a more attacking team is put on the park, - pushing the opposition further up the pitch.

Dobbie is struggling because he is being expected to take on a role which even Messi himself could not do. Let Stirling and Aird run at teams and use Marshall and Mercer in the overlapping roles, - forcing defences to look after these players, - thus giving Dobbie more space and time.

We have all been asking for this type of set up all season, - and against Ross County and Ayr Utd it was very effective, - but against Alloa, - we all know about the sucker -punch.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this: Please Mr. Naysmith can you set out your stall on Saturday to attack ICT from the kick off, - because that is what the supporters desire. Supporters, - if Mr. Naysmith does go out with all guns blazing, - but we are caught out at the back (because unfortunately that's where we are vulnerable) don't shoot the manager.

We all want to have our cake and eat it, - but we can't demand an attacking team and then berate the manager if we lose a goal.

Saturday will be a difficult game for Queens, - but I'll say this about ICT; that quarter final match was absolutely huge for them, - as progress to the Semi Final will very much reduce their massive deficit, - so they will not be playing with the same ruthless determination as they were against Dundee Utd. Queens have had an extra day to prepare, and this match is the equivalent to us as the quarter final was to ICT, - so we need to be at them from the off, and I reckon they will capitulate, - because they will have both eyes on the semi final.

jardi i agree with most of this but not the first part ,this championship is nowhere near high calibre ,its the worst football iv seen since queens first came up ,dreadful football throughout the whole league ,iv watch other game on the tv so not only queens and these games are like watching paint dry ,our best performance was the first game of the season v ayr we actually looked like we would walk away with this league if we kept up that sort of intensity to our game ,but what iv seen from every team in this league is dreadful football ,it wouldnt take much to coast through this championship atm .,but every club seems to be in the same boat struggling for quality ,falkirk recently picked up a bit but thay woke up and smelt the coffee thay obviously could see how poor the league was and i wouldnt wright them off from getting 4rth after taking the decision to buy in players to do it .

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post

Another really good post Jardi but like Francis i have to disagree that this championship is somehow of high quality. It`s hugely competitive but the quality is lower than in almost any recent season. Our recent run has seen us pass up a real chance of progress and has sadly left us in a scrap at the wrong end of the table.

Highly competitive........agreed sir!.............and it looks as though we have passed up the opportunity......but in this crazy league you wouldn't bet on it......or anything for that matter!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)