+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: O/T: Annoying Word Emphasis Changes

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    .. the prat Nihal Arsface is a typical BBC politically correct appointment who so loves himself I'm surprised he can get his head through the BBC front door. He knows everything about everything. He's ruined the afternoon slot ... so only bother to listen if he has an interesting (to you) topic/guest ... otherwise check your blood pressure if you last until 4.00pm.
    I hope Ben Fogle sues him into oblivion. He basically made up a story about Ben Fogle that didn't go down well and now the BBC and Nihal are being sued for slander. Joy of joys!

I've always loved radio but listen less and less, mainly for the reasons everyone has alluded to. I'm particularly irritated by fourth rate "celebrities" or slebs as they appear to now be called. Radio 2 is particularly guilty. Failed on television (telly) so move on to mess up radio instead. At least one knew what to expect from BLT the hairy cornflake. Is the chart run down still on Tuesday lunchtimes?

... PS: the prat has a preponderance of 3rd rate music-related content. This he is because he is a world expert on music; it's a question of in whose reflected glory they are basking, that of the guest or the prat? He loves in house jokes ... never mind the audience. I expect he'll continue as now for a while but is a sure bet for 'promotion' up the BBC ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    .. the prat Nihal Arsface is a typical BBC politically correct appointment who so loves himself I'm surprised he can get his head through the BBC front door. He knows everything about everything. He's ruined the afternoon slot ... so only bother to listen if he has an interesting (to you) topic/guest ... otherwise check your blood pressure if you last until 4.00pm.
    Agree. He's from the Stuart Maconie school of self-appointed expertise in absolutely everything.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Charlie Slater is actually one of the worst culprits for this. I get the impression he thinks he is down with the kids and is only ever one sentence away from calling Stallard or any of his interviewees "Bro". In fact he seems to be getting worse, he needs to know for example that the letter 'T' actually features in the word 'battle' instead of always saying "bah-ull". It's just imbarrissing!
    I think Charlie Slater can just about get away with his 'laddish' style in the context of a football commentary, but generally speaking I agree it's incredible how poor the diction of some radio/TV presenters is becoming, and the once ever-so-proper BBC are becoming the worst culprits. There was a lady presenting their Drivetime show last week who seemed to have forgotten that the letter 'T' features in any words. Apparently I was listening to BBC Radio Noh-ingham.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    A common spelling error - even at the very highest level and epidemic on here - is spelling the past tense of the verb 'lead' as lead (when, of course, it should be led). It is pronounced 'lead' when it's a noun.
    Or on a dog.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234