+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting older and declining health.

Getting older and declining health.

I’m 57 1/2 now and I can quite honestly say I can feel death creeping up on me.

I keep fit,I walk and run but still it’s coming for me.

Recent blood tests show my white blood count to be lower than is ideal,I have something up my nose that needs investigation.

I have sciatica making exercise difficult,a knee and Achilles problem and irritable bowel syndrome.

I’ve never drunk or done drugs.......a lot of f king good that’s done me!!

I can see why most people die aged 65-80......it’s because they get so worn down they give up!

Getting old is no fun.

I dream most nights,in my dreams I’m always aged 18-24 ( Before I met my wife ) .....so every morning is a Groundhog Day surprise and horror to find I’m heading towards 60.

I don’t intent to linger,if I get a bad diagnosis or start declining quickly I’m off to Dignitas.

I’ll let you all know before checking out!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Recent blood tests show my white blood count to be lower than is ideal,I have something up my nose that needs investigation.

I have sciatica making exercise difficult,a knee and Achilles problem and irritable bowel syndrome.

I can see why most people die aged 65-80......it’s because they get so worn down they give up!

Getting old is no fun.

I dream most nights,in my dreams I’m always aged 18-24 ( Before I met my wife ) .....so every morning is a Groundhog Day surprise and horror to find I’m heading towards 60.

I don’t intent to linger,if I get a bad diagnosis or start declining quickly I’m off to Dignitas.

Blooming heck Mickd I’ve got another 10 years on you and don’t let age worry me. Just making the most of what time we have whilst we can.

You probably are glad you are back from Perth though as it is 39C at the moment down here and likely to get to 40 anytime soon!

Getting old is no fun.

Good Monday morning reading. What do you prefer - slung in a wooden box with a few momentos or burnt like a crispy duck to remember the good times under Lai?

I think that Mick's future is stoking the fire downstairs with a few more of us from this forum!

Other than dying I don't think there's many on here can match my complicated medical history.3 major ops for various ailments last one being cancer and numerous visits to the out patients so many I've lost count all in the last 20 years.twice last week with even more tests to look forward to.65 now and I've always described myself as a creaky gate that hangs well.my quality of life ATM I suppose is good,I'm mobile and can s hit shave and shampoo myself without aid or carers,and with a new grandson just made his entrance gives me another reason to cling on for a bit longer

Can't let myself think like that. At 64 I am in lots of ways (but not all) the happiest and most content I've ever been. Two choices either get old or die. I'll take the first.

Spent last Weds in the company of a 79 year old who had acheived so much and was so of life made me feel quite inadequate.

Try to do something for the mind, brain, body, heart, soul and someone else on a regular basis. Works for me.

My point is really that I can feel the bits gradually dropping off and the gradual decline.

I find it very frustrating to have been careful all my life and invested in my fitness and to be so restricted by sciatica at the moment.

I had it really badly in my early 30’s and I’ve managed it for 28 years now but although I have weekly physio as matter of course it’s not helping.

A vicious circle at present.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA53 View Post
    Other than dying I don't think there's many on here can match my complicated medical history.3 major ops for various ailments last one being cancer and numerous visits to the out patients so many I've lost count all in the last 20 years.twice last week with even more tests to look forward to.65 now and I've always described myself as a creaky gate that hangs well.my quality of life ATM I suppose is good,I'm mobile and can s hit shave and shampoo myself without aid or carers,and with a new grandson just made his entrance gives me another reason to cling on for a bit longer
    I am told 53 it’s the creaking gates that go on for many years -so good on ya and keep going! Don’t let Lai finish you off though....

I've always held the belief that there are three types of individuals. Firstly, there are those who can eat, drink, smoke or whatever else and live to a ripe old age. Secondly, there are those who can do all the right things, eat well, exercise, don't smoke, don't drink and will still 'pop off' early. Thirdly, those who do most things in moderation and if they do, give them themselves a good chance of a lengthy life. I would like to think that I am in the third category! Hope so anyway.

My point is really that I can feel the bits gradually dropping off and the gradual decline.

I find it very frustrating to have been careful all my life and invested in my fitness and to be so restricted by sciatica at the moment.

I had it really badly in my early 30’s and I’ve managed it for 28 years now but although I have weekly physio as matter of course it’s not helping.

A vicious circle at present.
    Ive had several bouts of sciatica over the years and its pretty much one of the worst pains imaginable. The worst is not being able to sleep properly at night. It wouldnt be so bad if one could put up with it for a few days like a toothache, but this 5hit sciatica always lasts about 6 weeks.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)