+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Next season

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    This left-back position is an interesting one.
    I didn't think Hart looked good enough, but who knows?
    Another thing, though. My wife is originally from Grimsby. (I have always tried not to hold it against her!). She still has family there. Guess who they say has been their most consistent player this season?
    Luke Hendrie!
    I'm sure he was on our books for a while, but I can't find any trace of it now. I think I AM losing it!
    It's just come back to me: that was STEPHEN Hendrie. All these pills are useless!
    He is meant to be decent that Hendrie. The real one to watch is this Magalorie? Whatever his name is ...... he really is very close to making a first team appearance.

I think it's Magloire.
    Interesting how he seems to have moved in front of someone like Platt, who was the big hope at one time. I wonder how he rates vis-a-vis Wharton.
    Going back to left-back, Jack Doyle was also expected to come through, but he hardly gets mentioned nowadays. It just shows how hard it is to make that final step up.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I think it's Magloire.
    Interesting how he seems to have moved in front of someone like Platt, who was the big hope at one time. I wonder how he rates vis-a-vis Wharton.
    Going back to left-back, Jack Doyle was also expected to come through, but he hardly gets mentioned nowadays. It just shows how hard it is to make that final step up.
    That's the lad. Like you say, some just make an immediate impression and force their way in. This lad hasn't even been with the U23's long, but he really is being spoken of very highly. Liecester City ends few others are sniffing around him by all accounts. Tomlinson last Nov (17) was ahead of Travis. Now he's been released and plays in Div2 for Mansfield.

If Davenport was fit and playing all season you wonder if we'd have actually seen as much of Travis as we have.

My biggest hope for the future is that Rothwell gains an extra 10% in his game.
    At the moment, he flatters to deceive. He seems to be quick and he easily beats a man, but his distribution is not incisive.
    Of course, that may actually be what he is - full stop - but if he COULD add that extra dimension to his game, he might be as good as Tom Cairney.
    It is hard to develop a top-notch team without a central midfielder who is genuinely creative.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    That's the lad. Like you say, some just make an immediate impression and force their way in. This lad hasn't even been with the U23's long, but he really is being spoken of very highly. Liecester City ends few others are sniffing around him by all accounts. Tomlinson last Nov (17) was ahead of Travis. Now he's been released and plays in Div2 for Mansfield.
    I know I have been carried away at times about the quality of our Academy/Under-23 players. In reality, most fall by the wayside.
    I assume Damien Johnson is in daily touch with TM. I would love to overhear one of their conversations, to see if there is some indication of which youngsters DJ thinks will make it.
    Presumably, the U-23s and Seniors sometimes play in the same training-games. If so, that must make fascinating watching.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)