+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Single Message To Frank

Your Single Message To Frank

OK, so we are all feeling low after the shambles on saturday and other previous dross. BUT, think back a mere eleven months and I reckon you'd actually be feeling worse - beaten by Wolves, then embarrassed 3-0 by the mighty Burton, we looked well and truly on the slide and with no time to turn things round. Yet Rowett, much as we dislike him now, became a short-term hero for having the guts to abandon a failed style of play, do something different and restore late season pride, if not ultimate success, to our club. For the home games against Cardiff and Fulham, we actually looked like a football team.

Maybe Frank is looking for a sign, an outstretched hand from those who all this REALLY matters to, the fans. Obviously he reads this forum, so lets give him that hand, and offer him the chance for redemption and to become the new Gary Rowett. So, what single piece of advice would you offer him as part of the push to turn things round and reach the promised land?

Me? Well y'all know by now I'm tactically inept, so all I can offer is: Recognise this isn't a prem defence, please please please give them the option to hack the ball upfield when pressure against a tippy tappy pass out gets too much, better to defend from 70 yards out than 30

Anyone? Just one each or Frank might struggle to process them, and lets be positive eh? 'Sacking' Mel Morris won't make the team better

"Make yer bloody mind up."

Most of us accept that we're missing our best players through injury, we have a few young loanees who won't perform every week, and that we're towing some long term big money dead wood. It would have been nice to have a crack at promotion, but would have required some luck. BUT; playing a totally different side every week, with players in all sorts of different positions when not forced by injury, is not helping anyone. The only coherency we have is the passing between Tomori and Keogh.

Be brave.

Carson is the past, Roos is the future.

1-4-3-3 won't get us out of this League, especially with the only creative players we have being out injured or ill. Go 1-4-4-2 or 1-3-5-2 or 1-4-2-3-1. Something, anything that will see us not be outnumered and/or overrun in midfield.

Nothing you can say to him will make a difference, he's a sulky arrogant up his own ar** cockney

I'd get the whole "it takes time" argument if we were seeing improvements but we ain't, we were never any good and the only reason we were in the top 6 is a combination of the shi** in this league and our luck, and our luck has run out.

We were sh** from the first whistle against Reading,, we stayed sh** and then got progressively worse. Our players don't look happy, they look fed up, bored and knackered, dunno what he does with them in training but it ain't football I can assure you of that.

Seems Morris is happy to let this go on so we grin and bare it. Personally he should sell up, and the new owners come in and get rid of the sulky one, hire a lower league manager if we are going back down the post Premiership (2008) era, cut costs and start a rebuilding process from bottom up. Or hire Jokanovic if we're going to be spending a little.

Lampard was never hired for anything other than a pr stunt to get season ticket sales up

He wont be able to fool people like that again so he might as well pi** off and take Frankie boy with him hadn't he

Anyone who opens their eyes to that shi** on Saturday will know one thing.... he hasn't a clue

Lumping long balls up to a 4ft midget who's been out ill and looks unfit....

Says it all really

That was awful on Saturday, and no amount of scratching for excuses can hide that

If there's nothing you can say to him, why spend three posts repeating what you've saturated the board with for the last week.

My observations would be that he has to think outside his own box. We don't have the players to play the way he wants, so work with what we've got in a way that suits them better, not try to impose a style that fails at the level we are at. Be more of a Neil Warnock and less of a Pep Guardiola - when you get us to top half Premiership, by all means use tippy tappy but to get us there you need slog and grind

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    If there's nothing you can say to him, why spend three posts repeating what you've saturated the board with for the last week.

My observations would be that he has to think outside his own box. We don't have the players to play the way he wants, so work with what we've got in a way that suits them better, not try to impose a style that fails at the level we are at. Be more of a Neil Warnock and less of a Pep Guardiola - when you get us to top half Premiership, by all means use tippy tappy but to get us there you need slog and grind
    I think that concurs with my less literate suggestion, and points towards him needing to do a Rowett if we are going to get anywhere.

Regarding a different thread, and going against Ramanag on a non-Brexit thread for a change, I AM going tomorrow (when I had made other arrangements) because I think a partisan crowd have a positive impact on a team. I've lapped up many free-hit good times at BBG/Pride Park (Brighton home semi-final as a for instance), I feel I owe the club (not financially, spiritually) to be there when sh*t is happening. Right, I'm off to put my kaftan on and have a vegan burger.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I think that concurs with my less literate suggestion, and points towards him needing to do a Rowett if we are going to get anywhere.

Regarding a different thread, and going against Ramanag on a non-Brexit thread for a change, I AM going tomorrow (when I had made other arrangements) because I think a partisan crowd have a positive impact on a team. I've lapped up many free-hit good times at BBG/Pride Park (Brighton home semi-final as a for instance), I feel I owe the club (not financially, spiritually) to be there when sh*t is happening. Right, I'm off to put my kaftan on and have a vegan burger.
    Each to their own Andy. Good for you. I don’t actually think I owe the club anything at all. I’ve put a lot of money in over the years and if we were really in the ‘sh*t’ I’d be there supporting them.
    We’re not though...no chance of going down and pretty pointless now hoping for a fluked promotion which would only result in us doing a Fulham or at repeat of 2007/08.
    In the meantime the football - and the commitment shown by those who’s inflated salaries we help to pay - is not worth giving up the time and money to watch at the moment, imo. That’s my choice but I genuinely hope we put in a performance and you have a good night.

Back on topic. I don’t think we were lucky earlier in the season. Losing our captain and talisman early on, along with a collection of left sided defenders isn’t ‘lucky’ but my message to Frank would be...work out players’ strengths and select accordingly...start looking for a whole new midfield and a leader...find a big target man to play alongside Marriott or Waghorn...and get a plan B.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Each to their own Andy. Good for you. I don’t actually think I owe the club anything at all. I’ve put a lot of money in over the years and if we were really in the ‘sh*t’ I’d be there supporting them.
    We’re not though...no chance of going down and pretty pointless now hoping for a fluked promotion which would only result in us doing a Fulham or at repeat of 2007/08.
    In the meantime the football - and the commitment shown by those who’s inflated salaries we help to pay - is not worth giving up the time and money to watch at the moment, imo. That’s my choice but I genuinely hope we put in a performance and you have a good night.
    I don't mean the club as a business, I mean the thing that's in my DNA, IMO there is a difference

Back on topic. I don’t think we were lucky earlier in the season. Losing our captain and talisman early on, along with a collection of left sided defenders isn’t ‘lucky’ but my message to Frank would be...work out players’ strengths and select accordingly...start looking for a whole new midfield and a leader...find a big target man to play alongside Marriott or Waghorn...and get a plan B.
    We have just such a player on the books already and during his period 'in favour', we didn't need a plan B, we were just too good at plan A. I'm a forgiving person....
    Responses (as usual) above

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)