+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Single Message To Frank

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Your Single Message To Frank

OK, so we are all feeling low after the shambles on saturday and other previous dross. BUT, think back a mere eleven months and I reckon you'd actually be feeling worse - beaten by Wolves, then embarrassed 3-0 by the mighty Burton, we looked well and truly on the slide and with no time to turn things round. Yet Rowett, much as we dislike him now, became a short-term hero for having the guts to abandon a failed style of play, do something different and restore late season pride, if not ultimate success, to our club. For the home games against Cardiff and Fulham, we actually looked like a football team.

Maybe Frank is looking for a sign, an outstretched hand from those who all this REALLY matters to, the fans. Obviously he reads this forum, so lets give him that hand, and offer him the chance for redemption and to become the new Gary Rowett. So, what single piece of advice would you offer him as part of the push to turn things round and reach the promised land?

Me? Well y'all know by now I'm tactically inept, so all I can offer is: Recognise this isn't a prem defence, please please please give them the option to hack the ball upfield when pressure against a tippy tappy pass out gets too much, better to defend from 70 yards out than 30

Anyone? Just one each or Frank might struggle to process them, and lets be positive eh? 'Sacking' Mel Morris won't make the team better

"Make yer bloody mind up."

Most of us accept that we're missing our best players through injury, we have a few young loanees who won't perform every week, and that we're towing some long term big money dead wood. It would have been nice to have a crack at promotion, but would have required some luck. BUT; playing a totally different side every week, with players in all sorts of different positions when not forced by injury, is not helping anyone. The only coherency we have is the passing between Tomori and Keogh.

Be brave.

Carson is the past, Roos is the future.

1-4-3-3 won't get us out of this League, especially with the only creative players we have being out injured or ill. Go 1-4-4-2 or 1-3-5-2 or 1-4-2-3-1. Something, anything that will see us not be outnumered and/or overrun in midfield.

Lampard was never hired for anything other than a pr stunt to get season ticket sales up

He wont be able to fool people like that again so he might as well pi** off and take Frankie boy with him hadn't he

Anyone who opens their eyes to that shi** on Saturday will know one thing.... he hasn't a clue

Lumping long balls up to a 4ft midget who's been out ill and looks unfit....

Says it all really

That was awful on Saturday, and no amount of scratching for excuses can hide that

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Be brave.

Carson is the past, Roos is the future.

1-4-3-3 won't get us out of this League, especially with the only creative players we have being out injured or ill. Go 1-4-4-2 or 1-3-5-2 or 1-4-2-3-1. Something, anything that will see us not be outnumered and/or overrun in midfield.
    Most likely because other than in the Dutch coaching manual and then it seems only to placate the poor young goalies, nobody in the football world describes any formation as 1-4-3-3 or the like. For the very simple reason the 1 is superfluous, the ****ing goalie is always there!

Now I understand that your vainly trying on a social media site with an audience of double figures at most to try and persuade people that football formations will one day be described this way, not sure why but very much doubt anybody with any standing in professional football or pundits, the media or fans will be describing formations as you do anytime soon!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Most likely because other than in the Dutch coaching manual and then it seems only to placate the poor young goalies, nobody in the football world describes any formation as 1-4-3-3 or the like. For the very simple reason the 1 is superfluous, the ****ing goalie is always there!

Now I understand that your vainly trying on a social media site with an audience of double figures at most to try and persuade people that football formations will one day be described this way, not sure why but very much doubt anybody with any standing in professional football or pundits, the media or fans will be describing formations as you do anytime soon!
    .... and then you simply forget the screenshots from FA Coaching Manuals I posted on another thread on this matter. You said then it only exists in my imagination, or words to that effect. I then posted said manuals. No reply from you. That speaks volumes.

To carry this a little further, even if I was the only person in the world to include the keeper in formation descriptions, and I'm not, who the hell do you think you are telling me how I may describe a formation. A one time comment that you think it's wrong/OTT/superfluous would suffice for most people. Not you, apparently. No you continue to tell me not to do it.

Swale, do one me owd.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    .... and then you simply forget the screenshots from FA Coaching Manuals I posted on another thread on this matter. You said then it only exists in my imagination, or words to that effect. I then posted said manuals. No reply from you. That speaks volumes.

To carry this a little further, even if I was the only person in the world to include the keeper in formation descriptions, and I'm not, who the hell do you think you are telling me how I may describe a formation. A one time comment that you think it's wrong/OTT/superfluous would suffice for most people. Not you, apparently. No you continue to tell me not to do it.

Swale, do one me owd.

Merely pointing out what a pretentious ~~~~ you are! I forgot the dutch FA coaching manual you showed, which indicated it was used at youth level, not seen it in any coaching manual or by any other person to be frank involved in the adult game, so I'm curious as to why you use it to describe formations?

Its not only very odd, but not actually used by anyone but you on here and seems frankly an attempt to look like a smart arse.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Merely pointing out what a pretentious ~~~~ you are! I forgot the dutch FA coaching manual you showed, which indicated it was used at youth level, not seen it in any coaching manual or by any other person to be frank involved in the adult game, so I'm curious as to why you use it to describe formations?

Its not only very odd, but not actually used by anyone but you on here and seems frankly an attempt to look like a smart arse.
    Your view to which you are entitled Swale. I would like to point out an error in your post. The pages I posted from coaching manuals were from ENGLISH COUNTY FA manuals. Not the Dutch FA as you posted.

As for my usage of the 1- formation types, it is somethng I have become used to over 20 odd years of coaching in Holland.

Maybe you could view this in the same way certain items in England get called different things in different areas of the country.

For example, is it a savoury duck or a faggot. Is it a bread roll, a cob, a bap or a barmcake..........

In the same way, is it 442 or 1-4-4-2?

Nothing you can say to him will make a difference, he's a sulky arrogant up his own ar** cockney

I'd get the whole "it takes time" argument if we were seeing improvements but we ain't, we were never any good and the only reason we were in the top 6 is a combination of the shi** in this league and our luck, and our luck has run out.

We were sh** from the first whistle against Reading,, we stayed sh** and then got progressively worse. Our players don't look happy, they look fed up, bored and knackered, dunno what he does with them in training but it ain't football I can assure you of that.

Seems Morris is happy to let this go on so we grin and bare it. Personally he should sell up, and the new owners come in and get rid of the sulky one, hire a lower league manager if we are going back down the post Premiership (2008) era, cut costs and start a rebuilding process from bottom up. Or hire Jokanovic if we're going to be spending a little.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)