+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Your Single Message To Frank

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    .... and then you simply forget the screenshots from FA Coaching Manuals I posted on another thread on this matter. You said then it only exists in my imagination, or words to that effect. I then posted said manuals. No reply from you. That speaks volumes.

To carry this a little further, even if I was the only person in the world to include the keeper in formation descriptions, and I'm not, who the hell do you think you are telling me how I may describe a formation. A one time comment that you think it's wrong/OTT/superfluous would suffice for most people. Not you, apparently. No you continue to tell me not to do it.

Swale, do one me owd.

Merely pointing out what a pretentious ~~~~ you are! I forgot the dutch FA coaching manual you showed, which indicated it was used at youth level, not seen it in any coaching manual or by any other person to be frank involved in the adult game, so I'm curious as to why you use it to describe formations?

Its not only very odd, but not actually used by anyone but you on here and seems frankly an attempt to look like a smart arse.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Merely pointing out what a pretentious ~~~~ you are! I forgot the dutch FA coaching manual you showed, which indicated it was used at youth level, not seen it in any coaching manual or by any other person to be frank involved in the adult game, so I'm curious as to why you use it to describe formations?

Its not only very odd, but not actually used by anyone but you on here and seems frankly an attempt to look like a smart arse.
    Your view to which you are entitled Swale. I would like to point out an error in your post. The pages I posted from coaching manuals were from ENGLISH COUNTY FA manuals. Not the Dutch FA as you posted.

As for my usage of the 1- formation types, it is somethng I have become used to over 20 odd years of coaching in Holland.

Maybe you could view this in the same way certain items in England get called different things in different areas of the country.

For example, is it a savoury duck or a faggot. Is it a bread roll, a cob, a bap or a barmcake..........

In the same way, is it 442 or 1-4-4-2?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)