+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SwedishBaggie coming over...

SwedishBaggie coming over...

… for two games soon, Swansea home and Brentford away!

Prediction time - Albion 0 swans 2, Brentford nylons 3 Albion 0, Thanks Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Prediction time - Albion 0 swans 2, Brentford nylons 3 Albion 0, Thanks Thomas
    We'll see about that Phil...

Hi Swede, I live literally round the corner from the Brentford ground so let me know and I can treat you to some of Brentford's finest. Apart from some part of Oxford, Brentford is supposed to have more pubs per head of population than anywhere else in the UK. That said a fair few are somewhat dubious but it still leaves a lot with a lot to recommend. Sadly, given the small allocation I shall be amid the Bees fans but can meet before for a couple of beers if it suits. And that's an open invite to anyone else on the board who fancies it. I'll get the first round (I know I must be festering nuts).

Quote Originally Posted by Roymit View Post
    Hi Swede, I live literally round the corner from the Brentford ground so let me know and I can treat you to some of Brentford's finest. Apart from some part of Oxford, Brentford is supposed to have more pubs per head of population than anywhere else in the UK. That said a fair few are somewhat dubious but it still leaves a lot with a lot to recommend. Sadly, given the small allocation I shall be amid the Bees fans but can meet before for a couple of beers if it suits. And that's an open invite to anyone else on the board who fancies it. I'll get the first round (I know I must be festering nuts).
    Cheers Roy - I may take you up on that. I’m also sitting with home fans.

I probably be on a pub crawl with Albionic 68 and maybe a few more, so I really don’t know where we end up. 😎

I have never been to Griffin Park, so new territory to me. Maybe you could suggest a good pub near the ground to meet?

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    … for two games soon, Swansea home and Brentford away!
    Now your in trouble, lock up your beers and ciders guys, Swedie is coming over to Engerland to nick them!.

Hi Swede, depending on what Albionic has lined up for you (?!) and where you come from there are a number of options. On match days at Brentford I've always drunk in my local, The Griffin, which is the home fans base for most games, but they do let in certain opposition supporters (Millwall, Cardiff and various other undesirables are not welcome). That said it's packed and spills out onto the pavement and it can take an age to get served. As a consequence I can't be certain which of the following pubs will let in (obvious) football fans. If you come by train from town the station before Brentford is Kew Bridge (hard by where the new Brentford FC stadium is being built) and there's a lovely pub called the Express Tavern. Along the north bank of the river just beyond the bridge are three pubs in a row, all with different breweries and all worth a sample. They are (furthest away) the Bull's Head, the City Barge, and The Bell & Crown. Kew Bridge is almost exactly a mile from the ground which claim to fame, as you probably know, is that it has a pub on every corner. The New Inn on the North East Side is a nice little pub but the wrong end for Baggies Fans, while The Griffin is on the South West side and only yards from the away end. If you arrive at Brentford station the Kings Arms is gift yards up the drive but again, not sure if they let fans in on match day. Hope this helps and let me know what you (or Albionic) decide.

Gift should read "fifty"! The other two pubs on the other corners I don't recommend!

Hi Swede, depending on what Albionic has lined up for you (?!) and where you come from there are a number of options. On match days at Brentford I've always drunk in my local, The Griffin, which is the home fans base for most games, but they do let in certain opposition supporters (Millwall, Cardiff and various other undesirables are not welcome). That said it's packed and spills out onto the pavement and it can take an age to get served. As a consequence I can't be certain which of the following pubs will let in (obvious) football fans. If you come by train from town the station before Brentford is Kew Bridge (hard by where the new Brentford FC stadium is being built) and there's a lovely pub called the Express Tavern. Along the north bank of the river just beyond the bridge are three pubs in a row, all with different breweries and all worth a sample. They are (furthest away) the Bull's Head, the City Barge, and The Bell & Crown. Kew Bridge is almost exactly a mile from the ground which claim to fame, as you probably know, is that it has a pub on every corner. The New Inn on the North East Side is a nice little pub but the wrong end for Baggies Fans, while The Griffin is on the South West side and only yards from the away end. If you arrive at Brentford station the Kings Arms is gift yards up the drive but again, not sure if they let fans in on match day. Hope this helps and let me know what you (or Albionic) decide.
    Cheers for the tips Roymit. Had a quick look on Google Maps earlier. We'll have to play it by ear on the day due to timings and weather etc but there's some interesting choices along a very decent route there. Looking forward to the game. COYB .

Cheers again Roy, and thanks for the extensive input. As Albionic says, some really interesting choices out there. I’ve actually been in the ones furthest away, the Bull’s Head/the City Barge/the Bell & Crown.

Where are you planning to be, the Griffin?

If you want to, we can exchange mobile numbers via ”Private Messages”, to make contact and recognise one another. But, as Albionic points out, no guarantees, esp away days... 😎

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)