+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FA cup final. Who's ever been to one.

FA cup final. Who's ever been to one.

I've been to 2 . Ist one was in 1965 Leeds v Liverpool , my dad won tickets not sure where they came from. But the referee for that that game was Bill Clements from West Bromwich, he used pop in my Dads club the Lyng .
    social.
    The 2nd was of cause the 68 final , after all the semi finals still not got back to to final.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    I've been to 2 . Ist one was in 1965 Leeds v Liverpool , my dad won tickets not sure where they came from. But the referee for that that game was Bill Clements from West Bromwich, he used pop in my Dads club the Lyng .
    social.
    The 2nd was of cause the 68 final , after all the semi finals still not got back to to final.
    1 Cup final 2001 Liverpool 2-1 Arsenal played at the Millenium Stadium, Cardiff
    Plus 1 European Cup final 2003 AC Milan 0-0 Juventus played at Old Trafford
    1 League Cup final us versus Man City after the Horse of the Year show
    League Cup final 1998 Middlesbrough v Chelsea and
    League Cup final 2nd leg 1966 us v West Ham At The Hawthorns
    Last edited by Yarmbaggie; 05-03-2019 at 01:36 PM.

18th May 1968

None.

I saw the play off final v Port Vale.

I really hate the new Wembley,it’s a national disgrace that this abortion was allowed in its place!

What an insult to the boys of 66 can’t even visit the place of their triumph.

The original Wembley should’ve been revamped in its original design on its original spot.

The new place is an affront to its memory.

1965 League Cup Final 2 legs West Ham
    1966 League Cup Final Wembley QPR
    1968 FA Cup Final Everton
    1970 League Cup Final Man. City

In the Sixties it seemed we were always involved in Cup Finals or good cup runs. 1969 Semi Final Leicester

Never thought that when I left Wembley after that League Cup defeat in 1970 that it would be the last time I saw Albion in a Cup Final of any importance.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    1965 League Cup Final 2 legs West Ham
    1966 League Cup Final Wembley QPR
    1968 FA Cup Final Everton
    1970 League Cup Final Man. City

In the Sixties it seemed we were always involved in Cup Finals or good cup runs. 1969 Semi Final Leicester

Never thought that when I left Wembley after that League Cup defeat in 1970 that it would be the last time I saw Albion in a Cup Final of any importance.
    I went to all of those games Joy. This is my 58th year watching the Albion, ist 10 was the best .

Probably the most dramatic F A cup final I saw was in 1973. Still remember that save from Jim Montgomery which denied Peter Lorimer a certain goal. Sunderland beat Leeds 1-0 and became the first side from the Second Divusion to win the cup since the Baggies in 1931.

The most entertaining game I saw at Wembley was in 1998 when I went up with a friend who was an avid Charlton fan. That play off final against Sunderland ended 3-3 after full time and 4-4 after extra time. Charlton won the penalty shoot out when Michael Gray missed his spot kick and sent the Addicks up into the Premiership.

I used to work for BT in Wolvo and my works asked if wanted to go to the Sherpa van with them , i declined but they had their moment.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Probably the most dramatic F A cup final I saw was in 1973. Still remember that save from Jim Montgomery which denied Peter Lorimer a certain goal. Sunderland beat Leeds 1-0 and became the first side from the Second Divusion to win the cup since the Baggies in 1931.

The most entertaining game I saw at Wembley was in 1998 when I went up with a friend who was an avid Charlton fan. That play off final against Sunderland ended 3-3 after full time and 4-4 after extra time. Charlton won the penalty shoot out when Michael Gray missed his spot kick and sent the Addicks up into the Premiership.
    In my opinion Jim Montgomery’s save was the greatest of all time.......better than Banksy’s.

Monty was still on his side after saving Cherry’s diving header when the ball arrived on Lorimer’s famed right foot and still he got his hand to it!

In my view one of the most iconic moments in the history of football.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    In my opinion Jim Montgomery’s save was the greatest of all time.......better than Banksy’s.

Monty was still on his side after saving Cherry’s diving header when the ball arrived on Lorimer’s famed right foot and still he got his hand to it!

In my view one of the most iconic moments in the history of football.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6bYIy4deD0 The save is at 2min 10secs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)