+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Partick Thistle away

In an ideal world we actually start with 2 strikers and 2 wingers. Never gonna happen though. Its f ucking sh1te

I'm with the Harkes fanclub.
    We have possibly two players who are/will be worth money.
    Harkes is one & Safranko the other.
    I hope we may be able to sign Safranco on a permanent basis.
    Once we get the rest of the team sorted he'll be a key man.
    Harkes is already showing signs of being an excellent midfielder, great engine, reads well.

Quote Originally Posted by arabianglory View Post
    Yes he’s a goal scorer being played as a number 10. Put him up top on his own possibly?
    Yet we have a no. 10 & St. Mirrens player of the year from last season playing on the wing. It beggars belief.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Yet we have a no. 10 & St. Mirrens player of the year from last season playing on the wing. It beggars belief.
    This is the biggest issue I have with our team at the moment. It just seems like madness. I feel for the lad as this is exactly what happened to him last time he was with us.

totally agree, if cammy plays it must be central.

harkes is definitely a player and clark needs to be playing a striker. 2 up top would be nice but unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    This is the biggest issue I have with our team at the moment. It just seems like madness. I feel for the lad as this is exactly what happened to him last time he was with us.
    Yup, and we all slated McKinnon for it yet Neilson is now doing the exact same in the exact same formation

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Harkes needs a rest? He's consistently been our best player since he came into the side! Stanton? FFS.
    Sorry for having an opinion, but for me, in the last 2 games, he has looked tiered at times. Remember he is still a young laddie who is very new to the Scottish game and has not had a pre-season to get up to fitness.

We have a big squad and we should be using that to ensure the likes of Harkes get a rest before we get stuck into 3 home games coming soon.

What is your problem with Stanton now? On his day and played in the right position, he is every bit as good as Harkes, Pawlett and McMullan, and better than Nesbitt and Smith.

I don't rate Stanton, he's had enough time in the team for me to form that opinion. Fair enough, others think he's decent but not me. BTW, no need to apologise for having an opinion, it's mine that yours is wrong.

I would personally never start stanton again. Either an attitude problemor he just isnt that good.

Still can't believe Neilson even contemplated playing Smith and Pawlett in wide positions on Sunday when we had Nesbitt and McMullan on the bench. Harkes has to start with Butcher and get either Clark or Smith playing alongside Safranko up top and try driving at teams with pace instead of lumping long balls up to a lone target manual as per the Largs coaching manual. Fyvie to be kept as far from the starting 11 as possible please.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)