+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Partick Thistle away

4 is a bit optimistic to be fair. A definite fault of mine - still think we will win the league for example!
    Do think we have goals in the front two though. Would love to see them get the chance to play as a proper pair and see how they do. Thought in ICT game one there were some positive signs of their link up on a couple of occasions.

Neilson here to stay for next season regardless, hopefully, time for stability (we need a decent manager the fitted the criteria for this and now we have one) , no knee jerk, reactive nonsense because we lost one game to a strong side with continuity we played twice in a few days

This is still a transition season for us.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Neilson here to stay for next season regardless, hopefully, time for stability (we need a decent manager the fitted the criteria for this and now we have one) , no knee jerk, reactive nonsense because we lost one game to a strong side with continuity we played twice in a few days

I am really torn between agreeing with you, remembering what i said when RN was appointed and towards a little bit of the grumbling that has gone on recently. His only saving grace for me is the right pigs erse Shudder made to the start of this season! Because of that start, i dont see this as a transition season, more of a patchwork partly in the hope we can change our fortunes!

My fear is we will have another couple of squad clear outs for another 2 seasons before there is a transition season when we have consolidated our position in the top flight.

I think ICT game just highlighted the fact the system doesnt work for us. Thats why guys are now beginning to have a dig at RN, i dont blame them, its f cuking awful watching the players we have struggle in a system that doesnt suit any of them

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    I think ICT game just highlighted the fact the system doesnt work for us. Thats why guys are now beginning to have a dig at RN, i dont blame them, its f cuking awful watching the players we have struggle in a system that doesnt suit any of them
    Also he brought in a lot of central players in January but only 2 wingers - Pawlett & Nesbitt. Pawlett has played well apart from ICT game but he's maybe even more of a right sided midfielder than a winger and Nesbitt doesn't look up to it thus far so we have play Smith out of position and it's limiting us and limiting our chances being created.

When was the last time we had a consistent, pacy winger that would take on full backs and whip in dangerous crosses though?

Gms...

Dnt think it’s a knee jerk reaction to jst one game. I like RN but a few of his decisions and formations have been mind boggling at times. He needs to be able to change formations tactics mid games when needed. Something he has been unable to do so far, and I hope to god he doesn’t start going down that road of shoe Horning players into positions just because he has them at his disposal I.e smith.

Pawlett likes to play central but i think he does just fine on wing. Keep forgetting he is suspended.

This is a transition season no doubt so robbie wont get it too hard from me and i just have to accept his formation. Allowed to highlight i dont like his way of shoe horning players out of position. I wonder if nesbitt will ever be ready to start?

Back 5 picks it self with Butcher and Harkes in front.

he will stick with mcm clark smith and sanf up top.

Sow back on bench

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    I support Robbie to turn it around and would definitely give him next season whatever happens this year.

I think we should still be allowed to discuss things that could be improved. 4-2-3-1 may suit Partick as I think it’s likeky Saturday is going to be really tight but at the moment we are getting square pegs in round holes and not a lot of flexibility to try other systems when we have 2 good strikers

Partick game is a major test for this side...

Club invested heavily in January. Had a month or more to bed in now and March fixtures will show how good they are and if have potential to win matches consistently in this division

Last week against Inverness it was obvious to everyone that punting the ball up the park to a long striker was not working, but why did we persist with doing this for 45 mins before changing ?

Also, after the match, driving home in the car, Billy Dodds and the football commentators on the radio said that United switched to a diamond formation in the 2nd half - I never noticed that.

What I did notice was that Gomis seemed slow and gave away a number of stray balls and was struggling to keep up with the pace of the Inverness strikers ( who it seemed were playing 2 up front ) ?

Also, Fyvie and a few others, were constantly losing the ball direct from throw ins - this is not a one off, it happens too often and needs to be sorted.
    Last edited by ClashCityRocker; 08-03-2019 at 11:12 AM.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)