+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Partick Thistle away

Winning the league was a long shot after the Cshambolic start. I think we've got a better team now.

I still trust Robbie. I think both he and Ogren have gave it a shot against the odds. But such radical changes to the squad and expecting them to gel immediately; well, it was a long shot. At least Ogren gave it a go.

And im sure RN and the players will still persevere with the chance offered by the play-offs. You really never know with the play-offs. And by that time the team will have played a lot more games together.

I'm definitely not giving up hope yet. But, realistically, I'm thinking that the club should be preparing for another challenge in next year's league of fun. But for a successful play offs campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    And so it begins.
    This isn't a 2 game bad run, knee jerk reaction, the signs have been there for a good while now and the new board have backed the manager more than the any of the previous 4.

Give me reasoned arguments as to why the points I made in my previous post are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    hello RAM good to see you. WTF is that? lol

Hi my old hero. Lovely to communicate. I suffer from PMSD (Post Match Stress Disorder) which means my posts can be quite incoherent.

However, the title of that well known Who song is:

'Won't get fooled again!'

One of the lyric lines is....'The new boss is the same as the old boss.'

I kind off saw something familiar after today's result. Don't feel bad if you don't get it. Put it down to me being incoherent (suffering from PMSD).

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post
    This isn't a 2 game bad run, knee jerk reaction, the signs have been there for a good while now and the new board have backed the manager more than the any of the previous 4.

Give me reasoned arguments as to why the points I made in my previous post are wrong.
    What I'm alluding to is the fact Robbie will end up the exact position Csaba was in at the end of last season, IF he fails to get promotion.

Terrible today. Performance return to poor form of last few years. I feared that this weekend when the league might become beyond us and that is now where we are.

Honestly though another change of manager is not what we need. I do wish Robbie would stop the 4-2-3-1 and stick 2 or 3 of our strikers up front.

Ultimately Robbie has a great record in this division. Even if we don’t go up (and I pray we do make it up in the play offs) then Robbie has to stay for next season

Butcher was back today though so thought we were a shoe in to win

What I'm alluding to is the fact Robbie will end up the exact position Csaba was in at the end of last season, IF he fails to get promotion.
    Sorry T, I don't understand your point.

And so it begins.

Indeed

Just need to ride it out and hope the new owners realise it was a long shot this season to get up given the lack of stability this season and recent years

Hopefully they learn from it and stick with Neilson abs the new coaching staff going forward

I didn't think it was right to do that with Csaba, I do with RN, all the teams doing best have an identity that built over a few years, we know this ourselves with Levein to Houston years, 6 years of stability

This is the very start of the process, and I shhh think some of the players we now have are very good signings that can be built around in the summer, unfortunately we have fans that can't hack it for the long term due to having to deal went the last 3-4 years, but tough shyt to be honest, needs to happen

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post
    Sorry T, I don't understand your point.
    Fans (in this case you) losing faith with a manager a few months into his tenure. If Robbie fails to get promotion this season there will be quite a few who won't want to see him get the summer. Utter madness IMHO, someone needs time to build.

Fans (in this case you) losing faith with a manager a few months into his tenure. If Robbie fails to get promotion this season there will be quite a few who won't want to see him get the summer. Utter madness IMHO, someone needs time to build.
    Agree.

If we fail to get promoted this season then I'm still willing to give Robbie time..... Its fkn hard going just now though.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)