+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Partick Thistle away

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Fans (in this case you) losing faith with a manager a few months into his tenure. If Robbie fails to get promotion this season there will be quite a few who won't want to see him get the summer. Utter madness IMHO, someone needs time to build.
    Despite the concerns i had when he was appointed, despite the run we are currently on, and despite the not only one fan (spike) groundswell of opinion, i think Robbie should get a summer window of opportunity to see what he can do to build upon the squad we have. There are still too many clingers on that i am sure have prevented us getting in the 2 or 3 that would have completed the rework.

However, my opinion is swayed as i wanted oot the cup and expected the likes of Falkirk and Partick to be a major factor for the run in. I just hope we can get things together and its not only us that feels the pain.

RN should get summer no matter what happens between now or end of season.

last year was different. Csaba took over we were 2nd but a few points off st mirren (i think) and took us behind livi and almost took us out of play off places altogether. while also losing embarrassingly to falkirk, morton, livi and queens in the process.

we wouldnt be in a challenge if we didnt replace csaba with RN imo. with some very disappointing results but he has at least challenging up there while we wouldnt if csaba was still here.

He needs that in fact should get whole season. Things not looking good but things can change. We havent managed 2nd yet - i reckon Robbie will work on the battling aspects. Stanton may well start getting some games as he was our best player yesterday when he came on.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    He needs that in fact should get whole season. Things not looking good but things can change. We havent managed 2nd yet - i reckon Robbie will work on the battling aspects. Stanton may well start getting some games as he was our best player yesterday when he came on.
    Our best spell of the game was when Stanton came on, he should have put us 2 - 1 ahead though then shortly after they counter us and score the winner. Sickening.

Stanton getting frozen our since jan is one of the mistakes RN has made imo. i still maintain hes one of our better players and always gives 100%. yeah he had some poor games (like ayr away when he was played wide) but if hes on form hes capable of driving us forward.

i like a CM of harkes stanton and butcher. energy battling and some decent quality and shouldnt get overrun!

whats happened to the rotating of attacking players like RN done when he first came in? we look too predictable nowadays at least if you have them rotating then keeps defenders guessing ?

And so it begins.
    And you don't think Ogrens and Ashgar are thinking they have a decision to make if say we lose to Pars and RC and drop out of top 4. Eyes are bleeding watching this anti-football being served up. Getting a lucky break with a free kick and playing attacking football for 15 mins out of 190 is not acceptable in any way.

Gayfield next season awaits.

Oddly enough, it was the opening League Cup match against Arbroath which highlighted the cracks in the squad of players at the very start of the season - 8 months later and we are touch and go for making the play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    Stanton getting frozen our since jan is one of the mistakes RN has made imo. i still maintain hes one of our better players and always gives 100%. yeah he had some poor games (like ayr away when he was played wide) but if hes on form hes capable of driving us forward.

i like a CM of harkes stanton and butcher. energy battling and some decent quality and shouldnt get overrun!

whats happened to the rotating of attacking players like RN done when he first came in? we look too predictable nowadays at least if you have them rotating then keeps defenders guessing ?
    I dont think Stanton was frozen out, more getting the balance right with his issues. But we have too many players to be fitted in where maybe their ability in their position is expected to be transferable to be fitted into the team.

I also like the CM that you describe, but Cammy Smith might do well in one of those positions, and Bouhenna could be an anchor to push Butcher forward. But why cant we just have the one DCM?

Would also love to know what happened to the 3 rotating players that looked to work. King, Aird and McMullan seemed to work that well, but soon lost that ability, and i dont think it was down to being found out. I really dont see why this cant be done using Pawlett, McMullan and Clark in that way if we are to insist on the 3 behind the striker, or is getting the goal scorer in place stopping this option?

Whatever the problem is, we need to get away from this bloody 4-2-3-1 and 2 DCMs, and i am sure we have the players to do this, but does the manager have the balls to try something different?

Fans (in this case you) losing faith with a manager a few months into his tenure. If Robbie fails to get promotion this season there will be quite a few who won't want to see him get the summer. Utter madness IMHO, someone needs time to build.
    Totally agree with this. No matter what happens it has to be Robbie next season. Otherwise it is farcical and the chaos begins all over again.

We need stability and time to build something here.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post

Harkes Stanton Butcher, like it.

I get the rotating attackers idea but starting Sow yesterday instead of big Pav was a massive mistake imo

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)