+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Partick Thistle away

Partick Thistle away

In the hope that we can leave the cup exit behind us, Saturday sees us away to a resurgent Partick Thistle on a weekend that could be a trip hazard for everyone.

Pawlett out and Butcher back in makes it an easy choice for the back 6 and front 2, but who gets the other 3 places? For me its,

Siegrist,
    Seaman, Connelly, Reynolds, Robson,
    Butcher, Stanton,
    Nesbitt, Clark, McMullan,
    Safranko.

Cammy hasnt impressed enough since coming back, Harkes looks like he need a rest and Gomis and Fyvie aint what they used to be.

Will be an exciting weekend if nothing else!

For me there were signs of the old gomis when he came on against ICT. Not been impressed either with cammy. The big thing for me is Stanton. Never a holding player, much better further forward imo. I would go with:

Siegrist,
    Butcher, Harkes,
    Nesbitt, Stanton, McMullan,
    safranko

Might even be tempted to swap one of the center halves for bouhenna and maybe give Clark a start as the one striker

Harkes needs a rest? He's consistently been our best player since he came into the side! Stanton? FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Harkes needs a rest? He's consistently been our best player since he came into the side! Stanton? FFS.
    Harkes ranks besides Butcher right now as indispensable. And additionally Harkes probably needs Butcher beside him to be more effective.

Coonty bounced back from losing to ICT in the cup by beating Thistle away. Time for us to step up to the plate and do exactly the same.

Recently we've had problems bouncing back from bad results. Hopefully not this time.

It’s gonna be tight
    I think we will just edge it though
    Need to win every game now

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    In the hope that we can leave the cup exit behind us, Saturday sees us away to a resurgent Partick Thistle on a weekend that could be a trip hazard for everyone.

Pawlett out and Butcher back in makes it an easy choice for the back 6 and front 2, but who gets the other 3 places? For me its,

Siegrist,
    Butcher, Stanton,
    Nesbitt, Clark, McMullan,
    Safranko.

Cammy hasnt impressed enough since coming back, Harkes looks like he need a rest and Gomis and Fyvie aint what they used to be.

Will be an exciting weekend if nothing else!

Harkes has to play FFS

Quote Originally Posted by arabianglory View Post
    For me there were signs of the old gomis when he came on against ICT. Not been impressed either with cammy. The big thing for me is Stanton. Never a holding player, much better further forward imo. I would go with:

Siegrist,
    Butcher, Harkes,
    Nesbitt, Stanton, McMullan,
    safranko

Might even be tempted to swap one of the center halves for bouhenna and maybe give Clark a start as the one striker
    You've dropped Clark, our in form striker for f ucking Stanton, holy f uck!!@!@!!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    This!!!!!!

Yes he’s a goal scorer being played as a number 10. Put him up top on his own possibly?

Stanton is very decent imo, if played much further forward. Never a holding midfielder

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)