+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Pigs Roll Call, Vehicle To Have a Go at Eachother And Other Game Related Sh@t

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    No, the offside flag was up.
    Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    Having seen the highlights , the blatant shove that the T1m defender gave May just as he was heading the ball had a lot to do with him missing.

I wondered why none of the Dons player , and especially May himself, appealed for a penalty , but if the flag was already up for offside , that would explain that.
    I thought they just took the goal kick.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I thought they just took the goal kick.
    That would be because that's the position May was in when he was offside,

SF

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    That would be because that's the position May was in when he was offside,

SF
    Yeah, I get that having now watched the replay's.
    At the time I thought it was a genuine missed opportunity.

Yeah, I get that having now watched the replay's.
    At the time I thought it was a genuine missed opportunity.
    He still should have hot the target that has to be said
    But I do tend to hold McInnes responsible for it, I mean to say WTF did Wilson offer the whole game, and why was he even picked ahead of May, and WTF did that alone do to May's confidence that is already shot to fk..... (see my other post on my thoughts)

SF

SaCk tHe sTriKeRs cOaCh

He still should have hot the target that has to be said
    But I do tend to hold McInnes responsible for it, I mean to say WTF did Wilson offer the whole game, and why was he even picked ahead of May, and WTF did that alone do to May's confidence that is already shot to fk..... (see my other post on my thoughts)

SF
    A lot of questions that only McInnes really could answer.
    I can only assume he thought Wilson would be the better main striker for Tuesday nights game, hence why he was giving Wilson game time against Celtic.
    It didn't work and young Campbell did far more in the second half than what Wilson achieved.

I think McInnes will now go with May tomorrow up top, but I'm not convinced that will work.
    May has always fared better with a target man beside him i.e. McLean at St Johnstone.
    We will not have that on Tuesday, hence the thought of using Wilson, but I would actually consider going with McGinn (if fit) with Stewart behind. GMS (againif fit) and McLennan on the wings should be enough to occupy them

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    SaCk tHe sTriKeRs cOaCh

100%

It was a bad decision from May. He was trying to get in front of the defender and had the choice of whether to go right or left. He chose to go to the right. This had one a couple of consequences - it made it more likely that the ball was going to be behind him (which it was) and so more likely that the header would be harder. the second consequence was that he was more likely to be given offside - I didn't notice the flag.

I really think our strikers (and ex-striker Rooney) are poor at getting across the man in the box - and that's down to coaching.

A lot of questions that only McInnes really could answer.
    I can only assume he thought Wilson would be the better main striker for Tuesday nights game, hence why he was giving Wilson game time against Celtic.
    It didn't work and young Campbell did far more in the second half than what Wilson achieved.

I think McInnes will now go with May tomorrow up top, but I'm not convinced that will work.
    May has always fared better with a target man beside him i.e. McLean at St Johnstone.
    We will not have that on Tuesday, hence the thought of using Wilson, but I would actually consider going with McGinn (if fit) with Stewart behind. GMS (againif fit) and McLennan on the wings should be enough to occupy them
    I would actually consider going with Stewart as the main striker through the middle.
    Stranger things have happened

SF

I would actually consider going with Stewart as the main striker through the middle.
    Stranger things have happened

SF
    Who would you play behind / alongside Stewart? what would be your formation?

I said on another thread, I'd go with: -

...............Lewis
    Ball McKenna Considine Lowe
    .......Shinnie Ferguson
    McLennan Stewart GMS
    .............McGinn

Who would you play behind / alongside Stewart? what would be your formation?

I said on another thread, I'd go with: -

...............Lewis
    Ball McKenna Considine Lowe
    .......Shinnie Ferguson
    McLennan Stewart GMS
    .............McGinn
    I hope that is the team and formation we play....because if it fails you are getting dogs abuse on here after the match.
    SaCk tHe hApPy ClApPeR!

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast