+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pigs Roll Call, Vehicle To Have a Go at Eachother And Other Game Related Sh@t

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I can understand the grief that May gets on here,I thought he would be a good signing but he clearly isn’t the same player he was at St Johnstone.

I don’t get the criticism of McLennan, he is a young loon who has showed glimpses of being a good player.He obviously makes wrong decisions like he did today but he is young and will get better the more he plays.

I remember a time when McInnes got criticised for not giving the young players a chance,the way some of our support criticise players even when they are young I don’t blame him for being reluctant to play them.
    Yip agree with that.
    May has had too many chances.
    Not taken them.
    The likes of McLennan deserve theirs now.

How did Dean Campbell do when he was brought on?
    I thought Campbell did well. Keep forgetting he's still just 17. He put himself about, quite a few good interceptions and tackles, retained the ball and very rarely gave it away.

I'm still not sure what type of midfielder he is though from what I've seen of him. I get the impression he's more defensive than attacking - maybe the Ryan Jack type sitting midfielder who just keeps the ball moving?

I can understand the grief that May gets on here,I thought he would be a good signing but he clearly isn’t the same player he was at St Johnstone.

I don’t get the criticism of McLennan, he is a young loon who has showed glimpses of being a good player.He obviously makes wrong decisions like he did today but he is young and will get better the more he plays.

I remember a time when McInnes got criticised for not giving the young players a chance,the way some of our support criticise players even when they are young I don’t blame him for being reluctant to play them.
    May is just a waste of time - yes he runs around and works hard, but we need more than that from our forwards - he should be able to score every now and again, and he can't. There's literaly no point in bringing him on in a game.

I don't think anyone's criticising McLennan and saying he's not good enough or not worthy of his place in the team - he's a good talent still developing. I think folk are just pointing out some of the areas he needs to improve on to become even better - which is fair enough. He's got a good shot on him and can put in a good cross too - but sometimes he just has this urge to beat another man, rather than shoot or cross earlier. It's decision making and that will improve the more games he plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Cap doffed sir, I’m nae quite that age......creeping up though! hopefully you can have a celebratory dram on the return trip.

SF
    Hopefully a safe trip home for you, keep the powder dry for the replay now, unfortunately my team beaten(again!) today, however, now contemplating heading down now on Tuesday to offer support to the once michty......in present coach I trust.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    May is just a waste of time - yes he runs around and works hard, but we need more than that from our forwards - he should be able to score every now and again, and he can't. There's literaly no point in bringing him on in a game.

I don't think anyone's criticising McLennan and saying he's not good enough or not worthy of his place in the team - he's a good talent still developing. I think folk are just pointing out some of the areas he needs to improve on to become even better - which is fair enough. He's got a good shot on him and can put in a good cross too - but sometimes he just has this urge to beat another man, rather than shoot or cross earlier. It's decision making and that will improve the more games he plays.
    There are some people who have been over critical of McLennan imo.

Especially when you think of some of the youth players we have had in the past who done nothing yet were classed as not being given a chance.

Cammy can’t get a game for Dundee Utd Smith springs to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Bill and Ben haha - it was a free header in the 6 yard box. It's as good a chance as you'll ever get at Celtic Park and the useless chump put it miles wide.
    Aye it was pretty dismal from May. Great set up from Sam. We’ve missed some sitters recently. From what I watched lots of stray passes. Celtic looked pretty average at times.

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmntr75 View Post
    Aye it was pretty dismal from May. Great set up from Sam. We’ve missed some sitters recently. From what I watched lots of stray passes. Celtic looked pretty average at times.
    Think we will miss cosgrove on tuesday,his link up play and holding the ball up was excellent i thought (blow up sheep may disagree tho ) As for mclennan i thought he played well and just needs to pull the trigger a bit earlier,couple decent chances today but he dallied or lacked belief to go himself and have a shot

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Think we will miss cosgrove on tuesday,his link up play and holding the ball up was excellent i thought (blow up sheep may disagree tho ) As for mclennan i thought he played well and just needs to pull the trigger a bit earlier,couple decent chances today but he dallied or lacked belief to go himself and have a shot
    blow up sheep will refrain from commenting on that for just now pal
    No idea who we will play up front on Tuesday, Wilson is worse than a man short, May is finished, and I guess the donkey is the best of a very VERY bad bunch, will we miss him on Tuesday? (nae idea,) ..................
    Greg Stewart through the middle on his own sounds like a crazy pick, but I still believe its better than wasting a shirt on Wilson or May ffs

Draw in my opinion was fair result yesterday and the lads should at least have their confidence up for Tuesday.
    I will take 0-0 and penalty shoot out win right now actually

COYR

SF

Saw May’s miss on the highlights and it was a decent chance but nothing more. Should have hit the target but hardly a sitter.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Saw May’s miss on the highlights and it was a decent chance but nothing more. Should have hit the target but hardly a sitter.
    Would agree with that statement pal,

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast