+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kudos to the fans

Kudos to the fans

For a wet Tuesday in March and a team on the slidethe Pop side Noise/encouragement deserved man of the match IMO

I'd admire them

I wish I could be so supporting of a team that lacks quality and desire

If I'd have been Lampard at HT I'd smashed the fu**ing door of its hinges

I bet Lampard walked in with his hands in his pockets, head bowed, and then walked out again with his bottom lip out.. the players felt sorry for him last night imo

Quote DCFCA "I wish I could be so supporting of a team that lacks quality and desire"

No you don't, you don't seem to take any pleasure in the teams results or performance, or even supporting them. You just like flinging dung when performances are poor - which recently you've had every opportunity to do.

Some people are fair weather fans - for example the Notts Forest fans who appear after success. You seem to be a foul weather fan!

I do take pleasure in us winning

I just find the current atmosphere toxic and that's down to a few things

We were lucky last night, if not for Bennetts wonder goal we never looked like scoring

Lampard does look tired, maybe having to juggle all this with a new born kid is taking its toll a little, a part of me as I said feels sorry for him

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post

1. I do take pleasure in us winning

2. I just find the current atmosphere toxic and that's down to a few things
    1. You have a funny way of showing it

2. On here you are #1, #2 and #3 on the list of things creating a toxic atmosphere

I’m not sure about the originality of this ‘toxic atmosphere’ theory.
    Perhaps unusually on here I don’t originate from Derby and Derby County were not my first sporting love.
    The first Derby match I ever saw, as a spectator rather than a ‘supporter’, was in September 1972.
    Those who know enough will recognise that Derby were reigning League Champions at the time but you would never have known it as the Pop Side dished out all sorts of abuse, primarily to Hinton, McGovern and O’Hare, until things began eventually to go their way.
    There’s always, in my opinion, been more than a touch of the ‘sing when we’re winning’ mentality about Derby fans. I’ve seen Leighton James slaughtered and the fans turn on other individuals from Arthur Cox to Peter Shilton and Jim Smith.
    There were some great atmospheres at the BBG but it wasn’t without toxicity at times and Pride Park has certainly seen more than it’s fair share of angst and vitriol.
    Derby fans have suffered plenty of disappointment, frustration and indignity over the last couple of decades or more but they don’t necessarily help themselves. The tension at PP is invariably tangible and the number of times I can remember Derby fans roaring the Rams to victory in the face of adversity can be counted on very few digits.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 06-03-2019 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    I'd admire them

I wish I could be so supporting of a team that lacks quality and desire

If I'd have been Lampard at HT I'd smashed the fu**ing door of its hinges

I bet Lampard walked in with his hands in his pockets, head bowed, and then walked out again with his bottom lip out.. the players felt sorry for him last night imo
    That's why Lampards a manager and your unemployable

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I’m not sure about the originality of this ‘toxic atmosphere’ theory.
    Perhaps unusually on here I don’t originate from Derby and Derby County were not my first sporting love.
    The first Derby match I ever saw, as a spectator rather than a ‘supporter’, was in September 1972.
    Those who know enough will recognise that Derby were reigning League Champions at the time but you would never have known it as the Pop Side dished out all sorts of abuse, primarily to Hinton, McGovern and O’Hare, until things began eventually to go their way.
    There’s always, in my opinion, been more than a touch of the ‘sing when we’re winning’ mentality about Derby fans. I’ve seen Leighton James slaughtered and the fans turn on other individuals from Arthur Cox to Peter Shilton and Jim Smith.
    There were some great atmospheres at the BBG but it wasn’t without toxicity at times and Pride Park has certainly seen more than it’s fair share of angst and vitriol.
    Derby fans have suffered plenty of disappointment, frustration and indignity over the last couple of decades or more but they don’t necessarily help themselves. The tension at PP is invariably tangible and the number of times I can remember Derby fans roaring the Rams to victory in the face of adversity can be counted on very few digits.
    RA. I've been in loads of away grounds and they all turn toxic when their teams are not playing well it's only natural Probably the only ones who never seen to turn against their teams are Millwall and Brentford but that's probably because we never win there

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)