+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Momentum fined for multiple breaches

O/T Momentum fined for multiple breaches

Not the biggest shock to most right thinking people who probably think "of course they have"

Momentum, which grew out of Jeremy Corbyn's successful Labour leadership campaign in 2015, has also been punished for failures to report donations accepted as a "members association" outside of an election period.

Full details on every news website.

Is anyone genuinely surprised about this? JC would have never had the popularity he enjoyed during the election with some form of spin to deflect from the truth

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Not the biggest shock to most right thinking people who probably think "of course they have"

Momentum, which grew out of Jeremy Corbyn's successful Labour leadership campaign in 2015, has also been punished for failures to report donations accepted as a "members association" outside of an election period.

Full details on every news website.

Is anyone genuinely surprised about this? JC would have never had the popularity he enjoyed during the election with some form of spin to deflect from the truth
    Coming from someone with your background on what's right and what's wrong is remarkable .

I see we are once again developing the tendency for the obsessive right of the board to fire off at least one post a day criticising the left.

I can only once again, in the interests of balance, suggest that we respond with similar posts criticising the right leaning politicians and far right activists (God knows there are loads of them on a daily basis) so that both sides of the arguments are just as prevalent.

That sound like a way forward? On a footy message board?

Better still, ban politics off the Millers football site. There are hundreds of other political websites to post on.

Failing that, on this occasion I would suggest an alternative/other page be created strictly for political issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Better still, ban politics off the Millers football site. There are hundreds of other political websites to post on.

Failing that, on this occasion I would suggest an alternative/other page be created strictly for political issues.
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

Excellent idea, but has been suggested before and turned down.

The inevitable consequence of austerity was that some of the population would turn to more extreme solutions to social problems.
    On the one hand we have the far right who believe that immigration is the route of all our problems, they believe without question the like of Tommy Robinson who tell them fairytales of how easy immigrants get it in the UK. How you are allocated a house, a car and a top of the range mobile phone on arrival at Dover whilst they the indigenous people struggle with poverty (not including the 65 inch smart TV hanging on the wall). You also have the older generation who although not filled with quite so much hate, are angry about something. They remember with longing a time when middle class men had it easy, they did, but it was to the detriment of everybody else. I'm very sorry but we aren't going back to women in the kitchen, minorities driving buses and gays in the closet any time soon.
    Then on the other hand you have the far left and groups like Momentum. They blame the rich for social problems, they are certain of it as if being successful is automatically a sin. They do not distinguish between the Amazons/Starbucks of this world who make billions off UK citizens and pay nothing in taxation from the small business owner who through hard work and perspiration has become successful, employing local people and paying taxation which helps fund the NHS and Education. They are certainly more of the latter than the former. I would also feel more comfortable if momentum were filled more with sons of miners and people brought up on council estates, rather than social sciences graduates and middle class youngsters with the need to rebel.
    Sorry Brin

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Excellent idea, but has been suggested before and turned down.
    Grist, I think that the idea to create another site for anything O/T was raised and denied but, I feel this site is becoming to political and non football related. Therefore, my suggestion as to another site for political views only would remove a lot of this kind of thing.

It would still be available to view and post on for those interested. It's not like I'm calling for a total ban on this as everyone has the right To post what they like and in turn be read and replied to by others.

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    The inevitable consequence of austerity was that some of the population would turn to more extreme solutions to social problems.
    On the one hand we have the far right who believe that immigration is the route of all our problems, they believe without question the like of Tommy Robinson who tell them fairytales of how easy immigrants get it in the UK. How you are allocated a house, a car and a top of the range mobile phone on arrival at Dover whilst they the indigenous people struggle with poverty (not including the 65 inch smart TV hanging on the wall). You also have the older generation who although not filled with quite so much hate, are angry about something. They remember with longing a time when middle class men had it easy, they did, but it was to the detriment of everybody else. I'm very sorry but we aren't going back to women in the kitchen, minorities driving buses and gays in the closet any time soon.
    Then on the other hand you have the far left and groups like Momentum. They blame the rich for social problems, they are certain of it as if being successful is automatically a sin. They do not distinguish between the Amazons/Starbucks of this world who make billions off UK citizens and pay nothing in taxation from the small business owner who through hard work and perspiration has become successful, employing local people and paying taxation which helps fund the NHS and Education. They are certainly more of the latter than the former. I would also feel more comfortable if momentum were filled more with sons of miners and people brought up on council estates, rather than social sciences graduates and middle class youngsters with the need to rebel.
    Sorry Brin
    I think momentum is full of miners son's etc, every town in the land has a momentum group, north to south.

As with most groups, there's a broader political hue in momentum than most people think.