+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T 17 Million F*ck Offs - A Song About Brexit

... have you noticed:
    1. None of the Remoaners talk about what the future EU will look like.
    2. Are complacent to the idea that we will actually influence EU policy.
    3. Remoaners tend to take great offense to minor inconveniences, eg., my passport will be delayed/taken from me; my free healthcare abroad will be stopped; my driving license will be invalid.
    4. Remoaners ignore the fact that the UK offered to take out of the negotiations all the passport/nationality issues before any negotiations started. It is the EU that has played games on this , not us.
    5. Remoaners ignore the fact that the EU only want us in for our money/the UK contribution. We can look after our own without their 'help'(continuous rape).

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Talking to people, I find they are just pig-sick of the whole thing and would take any deal as long as Brexit went away as the preoccupation of the nation.
    When the meeja commentators come up with expressions like 'The question everybody is asking is ...' they actually refer to the people living in their own meeja bubble. Most folk want to talk about anything but Brexit.
    So many bad things are happening in the UK because there is only the one focus. Schools are underfunded to the point where many of them can't function unless teachers do jobs like dishing out dinners, cleaning, purchasing stock from their own money. Believe me, this is not rumour or idle gossip.
    Schools in certain areas are being underfunded to the point where they can’t afford to stay open on Friday afternoons. The governing party can’t govern anymore because it is too busy talking to itself about a self inflicted crisis.

If people really are sick of Brexit, there’s only one way to stop it, and that ain’t to enter into future relationship negotiations which will definitely take years and years.

... well then BFP, you clearly like the idea of the UK having more of it's own money; you know, some of the squillions we pour into the EU black hole.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Schools in certain areas are being underfunded to the point where they can’t afford to stay open on Friday afternoons. The governing party can’t govern anymore because it is too busy talking to itself about a self inflicted crisis.

If people really are sick of Brexit, there’s only one way to stop it, and that ain’t to enter into future relationship negotiations which will definitely take years and years.
    So you mean "remain"

How the hell will that stop it?

More of the public wanted to leave.
    MP's in parliament will never co operate with that.
    They will be just as bad as your brethren, in opposing everything.

Then there is the aftermath to politics, which means new parties taking a huge slice of votes.
    The Independents and the Brexit party will cut swathes into the normal vote.

In your head, vote remain and it all goes away.
    Really?

So... have we arrived yet at the foregone conclusion that Brexit ain't happening? And who blinked first and will take the credit/blame - May or Corbyn?

Are the Brexiteers still calling 'remoaners' sore losers, or did they finally figure out that they're the ones who lost?

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    So... have we arrived yet at the foregone conclusion that Brexit ain't happening? And who blinked first and will take the credit/blame - May or Corbyn?

Are the Brexiteers still calling 'remoaners' sore losers, or did they finally figure out that they're the ones who lost?
    Many politicians will take the blame and will be looking for new employment in the not to distant future.
    By the way what do you think will happen in the future, will the 17+ million leave voters just shrug their shoulders and say never mind or will they spit their dummies out and act like remainers?

It will be interesting if the EU grant an extension to brexit because that means we can put up candidates for the European parliament elections.
    Will Mr Farage stand again I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Many politicians will take the blame and will be looking for new employment in the not to distant future.
    By the way what do you think will happen in the future, will the 17+ million leave voters just shrug their shoulders and say never mind or will they spit their dummies out and act like remainers?

What will happen with those voters? What can happen? I suppose they could vote against whoever they blame cancelling brexit on and instead vote for the other party... but who is that? Labour? The Conservatives? The Lib Dems?

Are you changing your vote over Brexit? From whom to what?

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    What will happen with those voters? What can happen? I suppose they could vote against whoever they blame cancelling brexit on and instead vote for the other party... but who is that? Labour? The Conservatives? The Lib Dems?

Are you changing your vote over Brexit? From whom to what?
    My point was maybe what happened in France and recent regional German and Spanish and Italian elections the 2 main parties were ignored and the people either voted for a new party or lurched to the far right anti EU parties.
    Has for myself, I don't know who I would vote for, we have a useless government and a much worse opposition. Please don't mention the Lib dems or Greens either.
    For the first time ever I might not even vote.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast