+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: F P S share proposal

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Why is it derisory? At their peak they were only 1p each so they’ve made an offer at approx 57% of that
    Hi hmac
    The shares have a nominal value of 1p and have recently been issued at prices of up to 1.35p each in the debt for equity’ swaps.
    14 Million Ordinary shares of 1p each equates to a price of £140,000. FPS are offering 5.71% of £140,000 with their derisory offer of £8,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    He or she is spamming you Islay, try to ignore it. Looking for a way to say that you hate FPS, want the club back in fan ownership and are after a 'blazer'. Oh and will also say you're angry and that you change your opinion every day.

A sad existence really but if it's their choice hey ho.
    Hi Deeranged
    Thank you for your advice.
    I even took the trouble to re-check the club statement despite having previously dissected it.
    Taintedice is talking a lot of rubbish.
    I no longer own a blazer as I got rid of mine when I resigned as a member of Lochee Private Bowling Club in September 1993.

He or she is spamming you Islay, try to ignore it. Looking for a way to say that you hate FPS, want the club back in fan ownership and are after a 'blazer'. Oh and will also say you're angry and that you change your opinion every day.

A sad existence really but if it's their choice hey ho.
    oh dear, more aggressive behaviour, someone is angry today. Islay needs put right, hardly spamming, mr angry

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Taintedice.
    If according to you I am wrong then please explain to me why FPS want to purchase 14 Million Dundee Football Club Limited Ordinary shares currently held by DFCSS for the derisory sum of £8,000.
    so they don't have to organise an expensive share issue to increase the share capital.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    so they don't have to organise an expensive share issue to increase the share capital.
    You are the expert so please enlighten me and the other posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    Grrrrrr. Not if they make a reasonable offer to the wonderful people on the DFCSS board and to the insightful membership thereof for the 14,000,000 or so shares that the society holds they don't. The derisory offer of 5% of their actual worth is laughable. If they offered 35% to 50% of their value that would have been considered reasonable (by me as a fan and member of the society at least) but in all honesty 5% is laughable and insulting to all shareholders. They'll save themselves a fortune if they just don't take the pi55 the way they have with this offer. Grrrrr

Note - Grrrrrs are there for added 'anger' as I'm clearly raging about something, hate FPS, want the club back in fan ownership and am seeking a blazer. I just saved you a lot of bother there Tannadice, you should be grateful.

Grrrrrr. Not if they make a reasonable offer to the wonderful people on the DFCSS board and to the insightful membership thereof for the 14,000,000 or so shares that the society holds they don't. The derisory offer of 5% of their actual worth is laughable. If they offered 35% to 50% of their value that would have been considered reasonable (by me as a fan and member of the society at least) but in all honesty 5% is laughable and insulting to all shareholders. They'll save themselves a fortune if they just don't take the pi55 the way they have with this offer. Grrrrr

Note - Grrrrrs are there for added 'anger' as I'm clearly raging about something, hate FPS, want the club back in fan ownership and am seeking a blazer. I just saved you a lot of bother there Tannadice, you should be grateful.
    Hi Deeranged,
    Thank you for your post which sums things up.
    I am very disappointed that hmac has not responded to my post and admitted that he put the decimal point in the wrong place.
    57% of £140,000 is £79,800.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Hi Deeranged,
    Thank you for your post which sums things up.
    I am very disappointed that hmac has not responded to my post and admitted that he put the decimal point in the wrong place.
    57% of £140,000 is £79,800.
    Hi Islay. Harry made a mistake I think, it happens even to intelligent guys like Harry. I did similar the other day on this thread when I said the shares' nominal value was £1. I don't make many mistakes but I did with that one.

Out of interest would you agree with me that if a proper offer of say 35% to 50% was made this would possibly be more palatable to us DFCSS members? For me it would represent not only a bargain for FPS but a reasonable and much less insulting offer to the society members, non member fans and all other shareholders. In my opinion at least it is more likely to be accepted than £8,000.

Why don’t the DFCSS make a reasonable offer by just giving them the shares free, as a thank you for the investment they have put in, and for saving the club from McDonald, Forbes and co, who were on track to kill our club stone dead,

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Why don’t the DFCSS make a reasonable offer by just giving them the shares free, as a thank you for the investment they have put in, and for saving the club from McDonald, Forbes and co, who were on track to kill our club stone dead,

Just a thought.
    Would you make me the reasonable offer of your house as a thank you for my support of, and investment into, the club over the past 56 years?

Didn't think so.

The shares have a value and to sell them at the £8,000 offered devalues them for all share holders not just the society.

Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)