+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: F P S share proposal

absolutely astonished that the club would think its proper procedure to put this in the mainstream less than a day from giving their offer to the ss,going by the date on the letter and it appearing on the club website,if i was a member of the ss id be mighty pissed off that the club thought it right to go public when more than likely the ss board havnt even met to discuss the offer.

as Dayster (an old poster on here)states on another forum (if i read it right)the value of the nominal ordinary shares are valued at 1p per share so the fps offer of £8000 is way short of what would normally cost £140000,something doesnt appear quite right there

Id consider snapping up the amount of shares that fps have offered £8k for, if my mate was interested in coming in with me.

the club have handled this in amateurish fashion

I disagree, how long would the DFCSS keep it to themselves, we would be drip fed the information through the rumour mill, I don’t see what DFCSS have to gain by holding on to the shares

j i dont know how long the ss would have waited im guessing it would be after they have had a chance to discuss at a board meeting,

do you think its commendable of the club to release details of the offer before the ss have had a chance to discuss the offer?

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    We will find out now if DFCSS members support Dundee FC or if they have another agenda
    Why sell 140k worth of shares for 8k?

FPS has offered £8,000 for £140,000 worth of shares and is justifying this by stating that DFCSS listed them at a nominal value of £1 in their annual accounts. By doing this FPS is accepting the DFCSS account's valuation of the shares as correct and by making their offer to purchase at a 'considerable premium' are admitting that the club is in effect valueless.

By offering £8,000 for 14,000,000 shares what does that mean FPS actually value our club at? Can anyone do the maths?

IMO if FPS want to go down this road they should make a reasonable offer for the shares and that offer should be accepted by the members of DFCSS. Let's face it, the club will get the money back in time anyway. However what constitutes a reasonable offer is a matter of opinion - in my opinion £8,000 is comic cuts stuff.

Shaded - I'll go halfies.

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    j i dont know how long the ss would have waited im guessing it would be after they have had a chance to discuss at a board meeting,

do you think its commendable of the club to release details of the offer before the ss have had a chance to discuss the offer?
    When you consider this all started in 2017 and DFCSS didn't respond as they did till 2019, you can understand the club trying to force their hand. Probably is disrespectful to the secret society but they have no need to hold onto any ordinary shares unless they are waiting to jump in when FPS leave which I can easily believe. A nominal sum is also appropriate since DFCSS have already taken hundreds of thousands out the club since 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Why sell 140k worth of shares for 8k?
    Most of the society's shares were purchased with funds raised during both admins, 8k is generous

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    When you consider this all started in 2017 and DFCSS didn't respond as they did till 2019, you can understand the club trying to force their hand. Probably is disrespectful to the secret society but they have no need to hold onto any ordinary shares unless they are waiting to jump in when FPS leave which I can easily believe. A nominal sum is also appropriate since DFCSS have already taken hundreds of thousands out the club since 2011.
    100% agree, how can any society that was set up to save our club have £140k in assets, they should just hand the shares over for nothing, they have the A shares which are the security needed to stop what some think may be proposed.

I’m maybe missing something, 14,000,000 shares at £1 a share isn’t £140k

1p a share j

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    100% agree, how can any society that was set up to save our club have £140k in assets, they should just hand the shares over for nothing, they have the A shares which are the security needed to stop what some think may be proposed.

I’m maybe missing something, 14,000,000 shares at £1 a share isn’t £140k
    The authorised share capital of Dundee Football Club Limited is 200 Million shares at 1p each equals £2 Million.
    14 Million shares for £8,000 equates to £114,285.71

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)