+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: F P S share proposal

Fps seem happy enough to talk to DSA guys, I'm also sure there's a dfcss rep on the board so another 'fact' from deranged oot the window

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    Fps seem happy enough to talk to DSA guys, I'm also sure there's a dfcss rep on the board so another 'fact' from deranged oot the window
    Not now!

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    This is the first time I’ve read that FPS pushed SM out, maybe I’ve missed it, where has this been stated, to call him a connection between FPS and the Dundee support is a bit much
    Steve Martin was one of the Trustees of Dundee FC in the Community Trust when he was also a director of Dundee Football Club Limited.
    However since he resigned as a director of Dundee Football Club Limited at the end of November 2018 Steve is no longer listed as a trustee of the Dundee FC in the Community Trust.
    Ally Donaldson used to run the Seniors Group meetings and he is did a quiz which was I fortunate enough to win at one of the meetings.
    I have been present at both the Seniors Group meetings since Steve stepped down as a trustee and sadly Ally Donaldson has not been present at either of them resulting in no quiz.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Not now!
    Any reason why? The DFCSS website hasn't been updated for this.

Not now!
    Hi Islay. One of the positions on the board that FPS agreed when they took over would be filled by a DFCSS representative is still filled. They agreed to two, one that they would pick the person and one that the society would pick the person. The one still filled is the one chosen by FPS so strictly speaking DFCSS do still have a representative on the board however it is not what we would all know as the 'fans rep' as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    Did FPS not offer DFCSS an opportunity to work with the DFC community trust as part of the A-shares deal? Help get it of the ground? What role would DFCSS like at the club which isn't already served by having a director on the club board or being part of the community trust? Just curious
    So am I curious. You are right about the A shares. The deal was , I think, you sell us your AShares and then you give the money to DFC community trust. It didn't seem much of an offer to me. The stumbling block for me seemed to be the linkage. There might have been more enthusiasm if the money went to the youth programmes. The role has been the point of this thread. You, I thought, wanted the shareholding given to FPS and DFCSS to disband. Have I been mistaken?

so were dfcss not offered a role within the community trust? What is it that dfcss do again
    Last edited by Taintedice; 13-03-2019 at 06:23 PM.

Dundee FC Supporters Society Limited was registered by the Financial Services Authority on the 27th February 2004 (Reg. 2639 RS). The Society came about as a result of the incredible fundraising efforts of the Dee4Life campaign to save the Club from liquidation during season 2003/04.

The Society played a pivotal role in harnessing support to again save the Club from liquidation in season 2010/11. Having set a fundraising target of £250,000 the money raised by supporters exceeded this figure, as a result, the Club survived and the Society took control of a majority shareholding.

In July 2013 the Society members voted in favour of the Club being authorised to issue sufficient new shares to grant controlling interest to FPS.

The role of the Society has changed over the past few years.

It is now widely recognised that sport in general and football, in particular, can be a force for good that can produce numerous social benefits, improving self-esteem, inspiring children and young people, promoting wellbeing and healthy lifestyles and contributing to social inclusion.

Over the last few years the nature and scope of activity carried out by the Society has tended to focus more on social events that are intended to contribute positively to the lives of the Society’s members, other supporters and the wider community.

Based on the Dundee Football Club's 'Shareholding Statement' submitted to Companies House on the 13th February 2017; DFCSS holds 17.0% ‘Ordinary’ shares and 10.4% ‘A Ordinary’ shares which amount to a total shareholding of 27.4%, making the Society the largest shareholder in Dundee Football Club after FPS with their 57% shareholding at the time of submission.

Finally, the Society is a democratic and representative voice of the supporters of DFC. Every member of the society over the age of 15 holds one voting share in the Society and any member over the age of 17 can be appointed to the Society Board.

an honest answer from a dfcss'er, sh1t from a rocking horse, any others?

Steve Martin was one of the Trustees of Dundee FC in the Community Trust when he was also a director of Dundee Football Club Limited.
    However since he resigned as a director of Dundee Football Club Limited at the end of November 2018 Steve is no longer listed as a trustee of the Dundee FC in the Community Trust.
    Ally Donaldson used to run the Seniors Group meetings and he is did a quiz which was I fortunate enough to win at one of the meetings.
    I have been present at both the Seniors Group meetings since Steve stepped down as a trustee and sadly Ally Donaldson has not been present at either of them resulting in no quiz.
    I don’t get this reply, was he and ally pushed out, or just resigned from there posts, or maybe couldn’t make meetings

Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)