+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: F P S share proposal

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I'm starting to think there's agendas on both sides and the other side of the street.

Question I want answered.....did dfcss offer FPS the a shares or not.....that's the starting point for m
    Someone or both telling porkies
    As Dfcss member, i can't recall the A shares ever been proposed for sale until FPS requested to purchase them.

As far as I'm concerned, the A shares have no monetary value, their values are the conditions attached to them, which gives the supporters some security and they should never be sold as long as Dfcss exists.

I'm more worried about the possibility of relegation and FPS cutting their losses and bailing out if it happens.
    Difficult to say what dfc is worth, but there is no queue of investors waiting to take over an ailing football club.
    Just look across the road , it's taken them three years to get some investment.
    Dfcss are in no position to take over the running of the club, and have no significant capital to invest in dfc.

I know FPS have not fulfilled their promises, & their biggest mistakes have been the selection of mangers, but at least they backed every manager, all at high costs
    They are still here ( for now ), and continue to back the club .

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    As Dfcss member, i can't recall the A shares ever been proposed for sale until FPS requested to purchase them.

As far as I'm concerned, the A shares have no monetary value, their values are the conditions attached to them, which gives the supporters some security and they should never be sold as long as Dfcss exists.

I'm more worried about the possibility of relegation and FPS cutting their losses and bailing out if it happens.
    Difficult to say what dfc is worth, but there is no queue of investors waiting to take over an ailing football club.
    Just look across the road , it's taken them three years to get some investment.
    Dfcss are in no position to take over the running of the club, and have no significant capital to invest in dfc.

I know FPS have not fulfilled their promises, & their biggest mistakes have been the selection of mangers, but at least they backed every manager, all at high costs
    They are still here ( for now ), and continue to back the club .
    Appreciate that.

I can't recall ain't a denial but it's probably as much as you know unless you hold office with them.

Of the regular ish posters on here I think it's you, b cram, Deeranged and Islay that I remember saying are dfcss members....all of you have said much the same thing 're the A Shares.

Taintedice does seem convinced though.

As I have posted b4 I can't quite understand why FPS chuck a wee bit of dosh at the playing side but I do think something's no right here.....mainly gut feeling.

Appreciate that.

I can't recall ain't a denial but it's probably as much as you know unless you hold office with them.

Of the regular ish posters on here I think it's you, b cram, Deeranged and Islay that I remember saying are dfcss members....all of you have said much the same thing 're the A Shares.

Taintedice does seem convinced though.

As I have posted b4 I can't quite understand why FPS chuck a wee bit of dosh at the playing side but I do think something's no right here.....mainly gut feeling.
    I remember the D4Life meeting at the Gardyne theatre, the question was, ' what do the yanks get out of this '?
    Question still not answered

I remember the D4Life meeting at the Gardyne theatre, the question was, ' what do the yanks get out of this '?
    Question still not answered
    Just noticed that Dfcss are now denying they offered A Shares......which now defo means either they or FPS are lying.

Fight fight fight.

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    j im no financial whizz kid but my reading of it is---- dundee fc issued 200million shares at 1p that means the value of the club is £2million no doubt islay will yeh or neh my reading of things
    Hi Shaded,
    The nominal value of each ordinary share is 1p and with 200 million shares fully issued shares the nominal value of Dundee Football Club Limited is £2 Million. Whether someone will ever come along and offer to purchase all the shares for £2 Million is another question.
    As Taintedice rightly says we have no obvious assets apart from the hoses and the players registrations. However there seems to be plenty of wealthy people out there who fancy owning a professional football club.

Just noticed that Dfcss are now denying they offered A Shares......which now defo means either they or FPS are lying.

Fight fight fight.
    I actually think neither are lying - its been a bit of a mix up in words

From how i understand it FPS approached the Society to purchase the A-shares - the Society then went back and proposed that the conditions attached to the shares be transferred to a share holders agreement

So both are true in a way

That never stopped them in 2011 or in 2013 when they did everything they could to stop FPS so they could keep their blazers. They knew they could never fund the club in the 1st division but carried on anyway. The same guy is still running dfcss so ask yourself who is telling the truth over the A shares, a guy who would take Dundee down the leagues quite happily or a guy spending millions trying to keep them in the big one.

The so-called protections can't stop a merger despite what dfcss think but a shareholders agreement could, so they've let themselves down there. The club statement was clear on how things panned out so folk can either believe that or not. Would depend on how much involvement Keyes had as Nelms isn't someone to trust unequivocally.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    The so-called protections can't stop a merger despite what dfcss think but a shareholders agreement could, so they've let themselves down there. The club statement was clear on how things panned out so folk can either believe that or not. Would depend on how much involvement Keyes had as Nelms isn't someone to trust unequivocally.
    Not quite true tho... protections can be used, but it would likely require legal process to do so

Share holders agreement would provide more protection, still require a legal process but a bit more robust IMO, however it then becomes and agreement between D4L & FPS rather than the current D4L & DFC

So when/if FPS move on, the protections go with them, not sure it is worth that trade

Quote Originally Posted by Derry View Post
    I actually think neither are lying - its been a bit of a mix up in words

From how i understand it FPS approached the Society to purchase the A-shares - the Society then went back and proposed that the conditions attached to the shares be transferred to a share holders agreement

So both are true in a way
    A generous position to take Derry, wish I had that in me.

I think this is starting to stink but I hope to God I'm wrong.

Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)