+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: F P S share proposal

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Hi hmac,
    I noticed your original post earlier but as we have already been down this route I decided not to get involved. However as you have mentioned my name I will try to give you my ‘expert knowledge’. However the person who should be answering your questions is Bill Brewster who was the treasurer of DFCSS at the time we entered Admin 2 and you were Chief Executive of Dundee Football Club.
    I do not know if Bill Brewster posts on this forum.
    Unfortunately I do not have my ‘Memories’ book to hand but from what I can remember there was a piece about how Bill Brewster was delighted when the £150,000 was successfully transferred to the bank account of the Administrator’s firm.
    I also remember reading that Stuart Murphy Chairman of DFCSS announced prior to the home game against Partick Thistle at the beginning of November 2010 that the amount raised had broken through the £100,000 barrier.
    If this information is correct and I have no reason to doubt why have you posted that the society had raised only £120,000 up to a few days before the CVA meeting. There were various fund raising initiatives between the beginning of November 2010 and the end of January 2011 including the auction which from memory raised over £11,000 and donations from various Dundee Supporters Clubs.
    As far as I am aware the money raised from the bucket collections went into the fundraising total which eventually reached its target of £250,000 to allow the club to exit Administration on 12th May 2011.
    Are you now telling us that the society were forced to hand over some of the money raised by the fans to the club to pay for everyday expenses including wages and salaries.
    I have previously read all the documents from October 2010 until 12th May 2011 regarding Admin 2 on the Companies House website and it makes very interesting reading (to me).
    The Income and Expenditure Account shows that the club made a surplus during the period of Admin 2 of from memory just over £35,000 due to everything being ‘cut to the bone’.
    However this is only thanks to there being £85,000 in the club’s bank account when we entered Admin 2 in October 2010. Without this £85,000 the club would have made a loss and we might never have exited administration.
    Douglas, they had only 120k a few days before the 150k was needed. That’s a fact so please feel free to go check it.

DFCSS didn’t pay a penny into the club during admin, again feel free to check.

As had nothing to do over breakfast (it’s 8.30am here) I checked old society accounts and they are pretty much in line with what I said. But you can check those for yourself quite easily.
    Last edited by hmac; 19-03-2019 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Douglas, they had only 120k a few days before the 150k was needed. That’s a fact so please feel free to go check it.

DFCSS didn’t pay a penny into the club during admin, again feel free to check.

As had nothing to do over breakfast (it’s 8.30am here) I checked old society accounts and they are pretty much in line with what I said. But you can check those for yourself quite easily.
    Good morning Harry.
    Will you please advise who gave the Third Party donations totalling £108,402.23 to the club during the Admin 2 period 14/10/10 to 12/05/11 which are listed on the Notice of the Administrators proposals dated 12/05/11 and listed on the Companies House website for all to see.

They had shares before admin 2. They had someone on the Club Board all the time after Admin 1.

You can’t just skip past the falseness of the history of it all with saying regardless, fact is the club wasn’t safer in the hands of the fans than it was with anyone else.

The biggest noose round the clubs neck today is the crazy stadium rent deal negotiated solely by DFCSS chairman Stuart Murphy.

Maybe FPS snub then today because they were fed up of how they were treated by DFCSS in the past....
    You were a director of Dundee Football Club Limited from 31/05/2010 until 26/08/2011
    and from 21/11/2011 until 26/12/2011.
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 20-03-2019 at 01:20 AM. Reason: More information

They had shares before admin 2. They had someone on the Club Board all the time after Admin 1.

You can’t just skip past the falseness of the history of it all with saying regardless, fact is the club wasn’t safer in the hands of the fans than it was with anyone else.

The biggest noose round the clubs neck today is the crazy stadium rent deal negotiated solely by DFCSS chairman Stuart Murphy.

Maybe FPS snub then today because they were fed up of how they were treated by DFCSS in the past....
    I'm not saying regardless just to skip by the history. My point is that when people put money into buckets or donated it was to aid Dundee FC and to secure its future not to help any future owner.

Good morning Harry.
    Will you please advise who gave the Third Party donations totalling £108,402.23 to the club during the Admin 2 period 14/10/10 to 12/05/11 which are listed on the Notice of the Administrators proposals dated 12/05/11 and listed on the Companies House website for all to see.
    I can’t, those donations were given on condition of anonymity. The bigger ones anyway.

You were a director of Dundee Football Club Limited from 31/05/2010 until 26/08/2011
    and from 21/11/2011 until 26/12/2011.
    I know...is there a point?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I'm not saying regardless just to skip by the history. My point is that when people put money into buckets or donated it was to aid Dundee FC and to secure its future not to help any future owner.
    Nor was it specifically for dfcss

Agreed. But DFCSS isn't trying to gain from that cash now is it? DFCSS tried to secure a reasonable return on the investment that was in turn to be boosted by its own funds and the total re-invested back into the club.

FPS could have had what they wanted and Dundee FC could have got some cash injected.

Just what myself and many others have been saying, if the money was handed over at the time, DFCSS could have had the A shares and we wouldn’t be having this dispute between DFCSS and FPS

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Agreed. But DFCSS isn't trying to gain from that cash now is it? DFCSS tried to secure a reasonable return on the investment that was in turn to be boosted by its own funds and the total re-invested back into the club.

FPS could have had what they wanted and Dundee FC could have got some cash injected.
    Not disputing that and agree with you on many of your points, I simply challenged the 250k as I will continue to do as it’s not true. Even if it was raised it was not what was used to get out of admin, though it’s a common line.

I’ve no issue with any current dfcss board members but I don’t think Dave Forbes should be anywhere near it

Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)