+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beardsley let go

Beardsley let go

After having been suspended for a year, he has now left the club permanently.

Sad ending for him - I wonder if they have concluded that he made derogatory remarks or whatever it was, or if too much time has passed and they need a permanent replacement.

Agree, no way for a club legend to end up. I will remember the playing and gloss over the rest. I prefer not to knowthe full story TBH.

...the club will save a fortune on mirrors now at least.

One of the best players I have ever seen at Newcastle.Sad way to end.

It's a shame it has to end this way for him.
    It would be interesting to hear both sides to this story from however many can verify it from both sides of the coin.

It won't get him his job back but it would at least give some closer to the bone clarity.
    It might finish him altogether.

It just goes to show you that someone can go through a full career being idolised and revered and literally having the world at their feet and then something like this can paint a massive black cloud over it all.

Great player
    El mahanni made a complaint at Xmas about continual racist bullying .then a number of players came forward and made statements confirming his story

Allegations aside, he wasn’t doing a good job coaching the young lads. Legend as a player and possibly my favourite player of all time.

Great player.

Poor coach, judging how we've suddenly started doing well in U23s.

Be interesting to see where he goes next.

I suspect that may be it for him in football. As a coach, I haven't heard or read a single positive thing about him and in the current climate, even that internet channel he was on the other night will probably give him a swerve now.

Sad ending for such an iconic player...but, if the allegations are true...and i'm talking about the concerns that were raise years ago, not just the recent stuff, then good riddance.

He's now under investigation by FA as well:

Monday night report from The Telegraph:

The Football Association has launched a formal investigation into Peter Beardsley, the former England international who left his position as Under-23s coach at Newcastle United last week following bullying complaints made against him by a player.

The investigation will be undertaken by the FA’s compliance department who decide whether there is a case to answer and if so, what any potential charge will be. The 58-year-old agreed to leave Newcastle last Wednesday with the findings of a 14-month internal investigation into his conduct not made public.
    With Beardsley currently not working in football, the scope of the FA’s potential sanctions against him would be limited, although they could ban him from working in the game for a period which would delay any return to football.

Previously the FA has not commented on the Beardsley case other than to say that it was looking into it but with Newcastle unlikely to take any further action, it falls to the governing body to decide whether rules have been broken.

In a statement the FA said:

“We can confirm that the FA is investigating the allegations made against Peter Beardsley during his time at Newcastle United.

“We are not in a position to comment further at this time.”

That does sound serious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)