+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT its been a long time..........

I must take umbrage with your inclusion of Radiohead in that company. The music, if I can use that word, bore a close resemblance to X factor type ****e

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Flags! Now there’s a thing. I fear the Confederate flag has been joined by the Union Jack and the St.George’s Cross in being hijacked by those with ‘agendas’. Sad really...I never feel the same way when I see the Welsh, French, Spanish or Italian flags being hoisted.
    As for ‘Kill the Poor’, Parky...they’re already doing it to themselves...either with knives or Brexit!
    Well its certainly kicked off in rockabillyland, I'm guessing now 50,000 posts, the hatred has calmed down but the battle lines are drawn. I'm keeping my views to myself, anyone offering reasoned arguments either way is just getting cut to shreds. This in a musical genre where new music vids attract maybe five comments.

So, as an antidote to all that, here's a cracker from a guy who's appearing in my li'l ol' magazine in a month or so, part of my pretty complete Stiff singles collection
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2urlyWvRxBU
    The Jesus Of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Well its certainly kicked off in rockabillyland, I'm guessing now 50,000 posts, the hatred has calmed down but the battle lines are drawn. I'm keeping my views to myself, anyone offering reasoned arguments either way is just getting cut to shreds. This in a musical genre where new music vids attract maybe five comments.

So, as an antidote to all that, here's a cracker from a guy who's appearing in my li'l ol' magazine in a month or so, part of my pretty complete Stiff singles collection
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2urlyWvRxBU
    The Jesus Of Cool
    Andy is this the same Nick Lowe who made The sound of braking glass Didn't he used to be with Dave Edmonds Rockpile and write the classic Cruel to be kind Of it is nice to see he's still touring (pub rock at its best)

s the

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Andy is this the same Nick Lowe who made The sound of braking glass Didn't he used to be with Dave Edmonds Rockpile and write the classic Cruel to be kind Of it is nice to see he's still touring (pub rock at its best)

s the
    The same fellah. Been a fan since he appeared at Cleos with Brinsley Schwartz. He wasn't in Rockpile, Rockpile inc Dave Edmunds acted as Nick Lowe's backing band sometimes. Seeing him at Hebden Bridge Trades Club, probably still chewing the same piece of gum he was in '75

He was also married to Johnny Cash's daughter for years, has written songs for all sorts of folk, and if you listen to Dr Feelgood's hit 'Down At The Doctors', where Lee Brilleaux shouts '8 bars of piano', the next 8 bars (of no piano) are Nick. He played those eight bars in the studio but he was contractually forbidden to play on records that weren't his, so it stayed blank
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 07-03-2019 at 10:29 PM.

Seeing these fellahs, and hopefully interviewing them over a beer and a burger before the gig, next week in Brum. For those turned off music by all the female X factor etc wailers, nothing more thrilling that seeing female actual MUSICIANS rocking out like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAqeBFN4axA

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    My latest project....... you'll be pleased to know it's not NS.......... is a Manchester Indie band called Partisan. They just changed managers and their new one is a friend of mine. He has asked me to sort some gigs out for them in Holland. There may also be a chance I can get them some gigs in Germany too. Interested in what they sound like? Check out.....

Facebook: Facebook.com/wearepartisan
    Soundcloud: Soundcloud.com/partisan77
    Reverbnation: Reverbnation.com/partisan3
    Liking the vids MA, very 80s in sound, no bad thing at the mo, sound a bit like The Fixx from those days, also a bit Then Jericho. Not sure the live vids on facebook do them any favours, such happy snapper badly audio'd efforts never do

Is this a football forum ffs!

Quote Originally Posted by sixtiesram View Post
    Is this a football forum ffs!
    A Derby County forum to be specific, so sometimes it’s debatable, but in answer to your question...of the forty threads on the first two pages I think only four are not about football which means that 90% are indeed directly about football.

I never understand this ‘moan’. If you feel so strongly, start a thread and ignore the ones you aren’t interested in...63 posts in five years is hardly likely to keep the site alive is it?

Liking the vids MA, very 80s in sound, no bad thing at the mo, sound a bit like The Fixx from those days, also a bit Then Jericho. Not sure the live vids on facebook do them any favours, such happy snapper badly audio'd efforts never do
    Thnks for the viewpoint Andy. I will pass it on. The driving force behind the vids is probably financial. It should change soon as they are now aligned with Gaslight, a Manchester based video company who do promotional vids, advertising vids as well as music vids. Have a look at these ones they did for Modern Family Unit https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...f9OlkPTSGxwiy7

MFU is one of the bands they might be touring with if we go the 3 band and a poet route........

Seeing these fellahs, and hopefully interviewing them over a beer and a burger before the gig, next week in Brum. For those turned off music by all the female X factor etc wailers, nothing more thrilling that seeing female actual MUSICIANS rocking out like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAqeBFN4axA
    Andy I've known and listened to Larkin Poe for about four years My niece is into them she first saw them at Glastonbury think it was about 2014 They are really good my mind if music rock and blues Not only great singers they can play a bit Just been trying to get tickets for Brum on Monday but sold out apparently only 480 gig venue Like their recording of Preachin blues been done by everybody but theirs is great

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)