+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT its been a long time..........

OT its been a long time..........

.............since we had the ubiquitous music thread

So, today I am mostly listening to Colorado's finest, Jello Biafra and/or the Dead Kennedys. Especially for ramAnag I am focussing on "Kill the Poor" espousing the use of the Neutron Bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    .............since we had the ubiquitous music thread

So, today I am mostly listening to Colorado's finest, Jello Biafra and/or the Dead Kennedys. Especially for ramAnag I am focussing on "Kill the Poor" espousing the use of the Neutron Bomb.
    Which makes it relevant that I've been test driving a mod to my 8-track recorder by playing a Motorhead mixtape which includes this shocker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h45W...t_radio=1&t=54

Eat the rich indeed.

Incidentally, I'm currently monitoring a spat on social media more ill-tempered, bigoted and polarised even than our Brexit thread (or any discussion about Brexit for that matter) and its about 'music' in general terms - srecifically the use of The Confederate Flag as a symbol of the rock'n'roll community. I'm guessing there's been 20,000 comments on the subject since around 8pm yesterday, at least 100 uses of the C word (some directed at females) and two 'death threats'. So much for my mantra that music is a force for good
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 06-03-2019 at 07:16 PM.

My latest project....... you'll be pleased to know it's not NS.......... is a Manchester Indie band called Partisan. They just changed managers and their new one is a friend of mine. He has asked me to sort some gigs out for them in Holland. There may also be a chance I can get them some gigs in Germany too. Interested in what they sound like? Check out.....

Facebook: Facebook.com/wearepartisan
    Soundcloud: Soundcloud.com/partisan77
    Reverbnation: Reverbnation.com/partisan3

It's a massive improvement on NS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Which makes it relevant that I've been test driving a mod to my 8-track recorder by playing a Motorhead mixtape which includes this shocker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h45W...t_radio=1&t=54

Eat the rich indeed.

Incidentally, I'm currently monitoring a spat on social media more ill-tempered, bigoted and polarised even than our Brexit thread (or any discussion about Brexit for that matter) and its about 'music' in general terms - srecifically the use of The Confederate Flag as a symbol of the rock'n'roll community. I'm guessing there's been 20,000 comments on the subject since around 8pm yesterday, at least 100 uses of the C word (some directed at females) and two 'death threats'. So much for my mantra that music is a force for good
    Flags! Now there’s a thing. I fear the Confederate flag has been joined by the Union Jack and the St.George’s Cross in being hijacked by those with ‘agendas’. Sad really...I never feel the same way when I see the Welsh, French, Spanish or Italian flags being hoisted.
    As for ‘Kill the Poor’, Parky...they’re already doing it to themselves...either with knives or Brexit!

It's a massive improvement on NS!!
    Praise indeed, GP, however, don't think NS won't return. I have a 2nd project on the go in which I am consulting with a USA record company's President about a new song from an old singer, what should be on the flipside (it is to be released on vinyl). The talks revolve around the first 2 new singles from the singer and what song should be on which. Could be that the new song will be on the 2nd single.... we shall see.

The back story to one of the songs is an interesting one to those interested in music in general, whatever the genre. When the 45s get released, I will share the story. It concerns the sort of accidental occurrence that changes the version of a song which ends up getting released. Possibly slightly more interesting as it is the sort of "accident" I doubt could happen today.

Classic FM during the day

X ray specs - oh bondage up yours.

Some unmitigated crap whilst enjoying the virtues of JD Wetherspoon. Surprisingly nice cheap beer (Shipyard IPA) , mediocre food and dire music that I was pleased to be unable to identify.

Some unmitigated crap whilst enjoying the virtues of JD Wetherspoon. Surprisingly nice cheap beer (Shipyard IPA) , mediocre food and dire music that I was pleased to be unable to identify.
    that would be U2, Radiohead and Coldplay then

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)