+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: David Pipe - how did you rate him during his Notts days

David Pipe - how did you rate him during his Notts days

What do you guys remember from this player, did you rate him when he played for us?

one of my favourites for his 100% attitude though not in the Ricoh class.

Yeah, he was our best player for a season or two. Admittedly lean pickings at the time.

Did a great job on loan from Coventry, and I was surprised (in a good way) that we managed to sign him permanently. He was quick and strong, 100% determined and aggressive - a good lower-league player. Not a great footballer, but not the worst either.

As the previous poster said, he was our best player during a pretty bleak time.

He was quick enough to get on the end of his own passes

Does anyone remember this?

Former Bristol Rovers midfielder David Pipe has been jailed for 38 months for fracturing the skull of another man in an unprovoked attack in Bristol.

Pipe, 26, hit Rhys Morris over the head with a wine bottle outside a nightclub in Park Street in September 2009.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10323142

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Does anyone remember this?

Former Bristol Rovers midfielder David Pipe has been jailed for 38 months for fracturing the skull of another man in an unprovoked attack in Bristol.

Pipe, 26, hit Rhys Morris over the head with a wine bottle outside a nightclub in Park Street in September 2009.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10323142

David's brother Dwaine was decent, used to go with the flow.

Quote Originally Posted by jscarr View Post
    What do you guys remember from this player, did you rate him when he played for us?
    Great player, no nonsense, wish we had more like him now !

He stood out in one of the worst Notts teams I’ve ever seen....great effort but not much else.

David Pipe,Pipe,Pipe

He was a great player for us in the days where if we signed a player for two years then we normally kept them for that time (or is that my rose tinted glasses?)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast