+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tranmere

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    As I just said my friend that I don't know but when I looked at this closely a couple of years ago, its the FA that sets the rules for each academy level and number of coaches and Cat 2 like ours was circa what we pay ie 760K with a smaller contribution from the FA and PL which is why Dario liked it so much but Cat 3 was around 150K with the PL/FA contributing circa 300K and from memory Cat4, clubs were allowed to do it virtually as they liked ie which ironically was the way Dario did it in his early days.

Thats not ironic, or true. Cat 4 still has rules and regs which is why it's different to the completely club run School of Excellences and teams.

Dario spotted that a club like Crewe could progress by having an effective youth system at a time when most clubs youth systems were amateurish. I'd say it's served us very well for 25 years and is still producing quality.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    As I just said my friend that I don't know but when I looked at this closely a couple of years ago, its the FA that sets the rules for each academy level and number of coaches and Cat 2 like ours was circa what we pay ie 760K with a smaller contribution from the FA and PL which is why Dario liked it so much but Cat 3 was around 150K with the PL/FA contributing circa 300K and from memory Cat4, clubs were allowed to do it virtually as they liked ie which ironically was the way Dario did it in his early days.
    I know I am labouring the point But you say scrap the Cat 2 costing £760000 but how much will we save going to Cat 3?
    It’s no good scrapping something without knowing what the costs are
    Your figures are a little lobsided. Cost £150000 but given £300000 so a profit straight away!
    Or do you mean after a grant it will cost £150000 saving approx. £600000

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234