+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Score, scorers and attendance prediction vs. Cheltenham Town 09.03.19

Score, scorers and attendance prediction vs. Cheltenham Town 09.03.19

Cheltenham 1 - 2 Notts

Stubbs, Gomis

475 Notts fans
    Last edited by SwalePie; 06-03-2019 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Cheltenham 1 - 2 Notts

Stubbs, Gomis.

475 Notts fans
    The fight back starts, we will smash them.

Can't really see anything other than a big home win, but we must get something so...

1-1

Cheltenham got off to a slow start but their home form's been very good since the end of October, winning 10 out of 16 games there in all competitions, only losing twice.

Taking the teams they've dropped points against all season into account they've drawn against Crewe, Morecombe, Mansfield, Forest Green and Bury, and lost against Tranmere, Stevenage, Lincoln, Colchester, Carlisle, and Harry Kewell's Crawley so you could say they struggle against possession / passing teams (or just good teams). Not sure whether that suits us or not. Probably not.

I can't see past a home win, although I did put a bet on Man Utd to win the Champions League when they got rid of Mourinho then cashed it out at a loss after the first leg against PSG, so what do I know.

Blind optimism rather than quiet confidence says maybe Ardley will tweak the formation and tactics, so:

Cheltenham 2 Notts County 3

CMS, Enzio, O'Brien.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Cheltenham got off to a slow start but their home form's been very good since the end of October, winning 10 out of 16 games there in all competitions, only losing twice.

Taking the teams they've dropped points against all season into account they've drawn against Crewe, Morecombe, Mansfield, Forest Green and Bury, and lost against Tranmere, Stevenage, Lincoln, Colchester, Carlisle, and Harry Kewell's Crawley so you could say they struggle against possession / passing teams (or just good teams). Not sure whether that suits us or not. Probably not.

I can't see past a home win, although I did put a bet on Man Utd to win the Champions League when they got rid of Mourinho then cashed it out at a loss after the first leg against PSG, so what do I know.

Blind optimism rather than quiet confidence says maybe Ardley will tweak the formation and tactics, so:

Cheltenham 2 Notts County 3

CMS, Enzio, O'Brien.
    Im afraid the only tactics Ardley knows is to replace like for like players...This is a absolute must win game and to do so we must start creating scoring opportunities. If he sets up the team like he did for the last 3 games we shall get beat...

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Im afraid the only tactics Ardley knows is to replace like for like players...This is a absolute must win game and to do so we must start creating scoring opportunities. If he sets up the team like he did for the last 3 games we shall get beat...
    ...en.

Can't see us getting any more than a point. But a loss is more likely.

Cheltenham 2 - 1 Notts

Hemmings

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Can't see us getting any more than a point. But a loss is more likely.

Cheltenham 2 - 1 Notts

Hemmings
    1-0 Cheltenham

On present form; cheltenhan 4 - 1 notts

I can only go on recent results but if you include my experience and expectations and add my loss of confidence and lack of hope -

Chelters 3 - 0 Notts

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast