+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Andy Inglis

Andy Inglis

I have just heard today that a long time and very dedicated Queens fan Andy Inglis has passed away. Andy is one of the reasons my Qos and Scotland programme collection is so large . When I was growing up in the 70'/ 80s , Andy used to pass on programmes of games he had attended to my dad to give to me. A regular attender of Scotland away games to, he must have clocked up some miles watching football. Always a gentleman , he ran the Abernethy Golf Ball factory in Locharbriggs for many years and I reckon he must have been around 90 when he passed . RIP Andy

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I have just heard today that a long time and very dedicated Queens fan Andy Inglis has passed away. Andy is one of the reasons my Qos and Scotland programme collection is so large . When I was growing up in the 70'/ 80s , Andy used to pass on programmes of games he had attended to my dad to give to me. A regular attender of Scotland away games to, he must have clocked up some miles watching football. Always a gentleman , he ran the Abernethy Golf Ball factory in Locharbriggs for many years and I reckon he must have been around 90 when he passed . RIP Andy

i used to go up the the scotland games in andys bus when i was a kid with my uncle robert bus full of the uniroyal workers ,and golf ballfactory workers used to pic us up at the old hall at top of locharbriggs ,i always knew him as andy abernethy thought that was his name .rip andy .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    i used to go up the the scotland games in andys bus when i was a kid with my uncle robert bus full of the uniroyal workers ,and golf ballfactory workers used to pic us up at the old hall at top of locharbriggs ,i always knew him as andy abernethy thought that was his name .rip andy .
    Lovely man who was a mega Queens fan and a regular attendee at Palmerston until about 2 years ago when he suffered ill health. I helped him out for many years when he started a wee business in his garden shed gold blocking diaries for clubs, pubs etc and like Francis went on his Scotland bus a few times always stopping at a bowling club in Uddingston near Tunnock's factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Lovely man who was a mega Queens fan and a regular attendee at Palmerston until about 2 years ago when he suffered ill health. I helped him out for many years when he started a wee business in his garden shed gold blocking diaries for clubs, pubs etc and like Francis went on his Scotland bus a few times always stopping at a bowling club in Uddingston near Tunnock's factory.

yes ftivano uddingston it was i knew thay stopped of at a pub on way home not too far out of glasgow but couldnt remember the place as thay used to come out of hampden a different way than everyone else used too ,i was with my uncle robert and his workmates wee ronnie with the fuzzy curly hair and my uncle roberts brother in law stuart lol ,i had to stay in the bus and eat my chips when thay stopped at that pub back then tho lool .

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)