Get your very own personalised Doonhamers Chat gifts!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Queens Reserves

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,405

    Queens Reserves

    I may be looking in the wrong place but the reserves seldom seem to get a mention on the Official Site or even in the official match programme - how are this young team faring ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    335
    https://spfl.co.uk/league/rl1/table


    The reserves are currently bottom of the league with only 2 draws so far. It’s mostly made up of youngsters and will be a great experience for them playing against bigger & better players than the last u20’s league.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    335
    Results so far can be found on here.


    https://spfl.co.uk/league/rl1/results

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    407
    Going back a few years I admit, but I recall that Reserve League fixtures used to be printed in the newspapers for the days fixture list. I think the Reserve League had a higher status than it does now and was possibly even played on the same days as 1st team games. I'm sure if the 1st team was away on a Saturday you could go and watch the Reserves at home. It seems to have slipped well down the levels of importance.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,904
    I watched nearly all of the second half of the reserve game this week ...... it's pretty awful stuff to be honest.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,405
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby_blue View Post
    https://spfl.co.uk/league/rl1/table


    The reserves are currently bottom of the league with only 2 draws so far. Itís mostly made up of youngsters and will be a great experience for them playing against bigger & better players than the last u20ís league.
    Thanks for that Scooby - a glance at the table shows the young lads are having a real tough time against more experienced opponents played 10 won 0 drawn 2. Our first team pool of players is too small for many or any of them to boost the reserve team boys I suppose.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,397
    https://twitter.com/gregshields7/sta...812592128?s=20

    Queens reserves 0 Dunfermline reserves 2

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,397
    Reserves currently 7-0 down away to Hibs after 65 minutes. It was 5-0 at HT Ouch.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    8,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    Reserves currently 7-0 down away to Hibs after 65 minutes. It was 5-0 at HT Ouch.

    Finished 7-0 with Oli Shaw scoring a 2nd half double.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,397
    Finished 7-0. Good to see the reserves can also do the "improved 2nd half performance" thing

    In all seriousness it must be a tough gig for the youngsters. Our first team squad is so limited for numbers that it must just ke kids playing for us while the likes of Oli Shaw is an experienced goalscorer at Scottish Premiership level.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    Finished 7-0. Good to see the reserves can also do the "improved 2nd half performance" thing

    In all seriousness it must be a tough gig for the youngsters. Our first team squad is so limited for numbers that it must just ke kids playing for us while the likes of Oli Shaw is an experienced goalscorer at Scottish Premiership level.
    The search for an elusive win goes on after 12 games when Aberdeen defeated the young Queens team 3 - 1 at Palmerston

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    335
    Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    The search for an elusive win goes on after 12 games when Aberdeen defeated the young Queens team 3 - 1 at Palmerston
    The reserves lost 4-0 away to Partick Thistle this afternoon at Lesser Hampden.

    QotS team: Gibson, Irving, Newbould, Gardner, Harvey, Gourlay, Ivison, Douglas, Tremble, Williams, Pearson

    SUBS: Irving, White, McMahon, Potts, Williamson

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    8,057
    My 2nd cousin Liam Douglas played...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,405
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby_blue View Post
    The reserves lost 4-0 away to Partick Thistle this afternoon at Lesser Hampden.

    QotS team: Gibson, Irving, Newbould, Gardner, Harvey, Gourlay, Ivison, Douglas, Tremble, Williams, Pearson

    SUBS: Irving, White, McMahon, Potts, Williamson
    Second game this week v Hearts for Queens Reserves after going down 4 - 1 to Dundee United.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,397
    Reserves away to Falkirk this afternoon.
    Martin, Fordyce, Aird, Murray and McGrath all in the starting 11.

    Queen of the South team:
    Martin, D Irving, Newbould, Bell, Fordyce, Gourlay, Aird, Gardner, McGrath, Murray, Ivison

    Subs: Wallace (GK), Irving, Williams, White, Tremble

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    Reserves away to Falkirk this afternoon.
    Martin, Fordyce, Aird, Murray and McGrath all in the starting 11.

    Queen of the South team:
    Martin, D Irving, Newbould, Bell, Fordyce, Gourlay, Aird, Gardner, McGrath, Murray, Ivison

    Subs: Wallace (GK), Irving, Williams, White, Tremble
    Big Aldo back for the weekendís game against Dunfermline then..?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    8,057
    I doubt it...

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    Reserves away to Falkirk this afternoon.
    Martin, Fordyce, Aird, Murray and McGrath all in the starting 11.

    Queen of the South team:
    Martin, D Irving, Newbould, Bell, Fordyce, Gourlay, Aird, Gardner, McGrath, Murray, Ivison

    Subs: Wallace (GK), Irving, Williams, White, Tremble
    That must be one of the strongest line - ups the reserves have had this season so hopefully they can get their first league victory of the season in the penultimate game.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    That must be one of the strongest line - ups the reserves have had this season so hopefully they can get their first league victory of the season in the penultimate game.
    2-0 down at HT so looking unlikely.
    falkirk team also has some first team fringe players. Goals by Todorov and Waddington.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,397
    Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Big Aldo back for the weekend’s game against Dunfermline then..?
    I can't see it but who knows. I'd give Mehmet a start in goals in all honesty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •