+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Meanwhile in Doncaster

O/T Meanwhile in Doncaster

What a bizarre thing to do! Why just Muslim women (and their children)? What next? Free tickets for nuns?

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk...atch-1-9632643
    Last edited by CAMiller; 07-03-2019 at 07:19 AM.

We will need to watch how we respond to this for fear of it being deleted.

Might be something to do with Women’s day and possibly trying to earn brownie points from a certain culture

Always been a funny lot Donny

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    We will need to watch how we respond to this for fear of it being deleted.
    Sensibly and without pursuing personal vendettas would be ok, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Sensibly and without pursuing personal vendettas would be ok, I think.
    Well that leaves you out of it then

Encouraging potential younger supporters for any club is to be welcomed but I’m not sure that initiatives like this of the best way to do it ? Happy to be proved wrong though - for any club, getting more fans to attach to the club has to be a good thing

Haven’t we done the kids for a quid deal in the past? If so would be interesting to know how successful or otherwise that was.

I guess as a business working within the community, Donny have identified a section of the community that don't attend footy games and want to try and give them a 'taste of the product' in that it makes them want to come, with their children, to future games. Hence increase the fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I guess as a business working within the community, Donny have identified a section of the community that don't attend footy games and want to try and give them a 'taste of the product' in that it makes them want to come, with their children, to future games. Hence increase the fan base.

Well they are having a decent season so probably a good time to do it rather than when they are struggling

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Exactly what I would guess.
    It won't cost the club anything.
    It won't disadvantage anybody else.
    It's certainly not worth moaning about

Muslim women aren't going to come to football games, even if it is free, just a stunt to win PC points.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast