+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Meanwhile in Doncaster

We should try it at NYS. I have always said we should encourage more Muslim fans. The midland clubs have quite big muslim followings.
    Gfire: How do you know this? Why should Donny rovers just want to win pc points? Nonsense as usual.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 07-03-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    We should try it at NYS. I have always said we should encourage more Muslim fans. The midland clubs have quite big muslim followings.
    Gfire: How do you know this? Why should Donny rovers just want to win pc points? Nonsense as usual.

Plus it's not easy to watch a football match through a letterbox is it?
    Don't blame me it was Boris

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    How many Muslim women have you seen at football matches?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    How many Muslim women have you seen at football matches?
    Ffs, that's kind of the point isn't it....

I'm sure they are just looking at new and alternative ways to try to add to their fanbase. More than anything I find it amusing that this offer is exclusive to Muslim women. Why just women and children?
    Yes we have kids for a quid days and that offer is extended to all, not just minorities. We have family days, again all are welcome. I guess they know there won't be a huge take up anyway so there's nothing to lose by doing it, I just find it very odd.

There are muslim women who attend games at NYS, not hundreds but there are some and there are muslim women employed by the club. Like Rotherham United, Doncaster Rovers is a private company seeking to increase future revenues, simple as that. I have my doubts that it will yield huge returns but if they think it is worth a try then good on them. It is no different than giving away free tickets to schools as we have done for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Muslim women aren't going to come to football games, even if it is free, just a stunt to win PC points.
    Who wouldn’t turn up for free unless they hate football?

Why only Muslim women and children? Why not open it up to all new women and children surpporters.

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    There are muslim women who attend games at NYS, not hundreds but there are some and there are muslim women employed by the club. Like Rotherham United, Doncaster Rovers is a private company seeking to increase future revenues, simple as that. I have my doubts that it will yield huge returns but if they think it is worth a try then good on them. It is no different than giving away free tickets to schools as we have done for many years.
    Correct there are some at our club, don’t see why we should offer free tickets to certain people though, clubs keep banging on about one and all so offers should be for all.

I can guarantee most will not attend future games unless free tickets are issued
    Last edited by millertop; 07-03-2019 at 11:23 AM.

I'm surprised clubs haven't tried tapping in to the eastern european market for fans .

You occasionally hear eastern european accents at Oakwell but not in great numbers .

Took a couple of them to a game a few years back and they seemed to enjoy it although we did get slaughtered 4-0 by West Ham and had a few beers too .

They did say it was expensive mind compared to what they paid back in Poland .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast