+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: EFL statement re- Bolton, Coventry,Blackpool, Charlton

Get your bets on a 5-0 win by forest on Sunday. Can't see Bolton being arsed

Mind you can't seeing forest arsed either

Not much personal opinion on this thread but plenty of excellent cutting and pasting

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Don't the supporters play their part with incessant demands that clubs 'speculate to accumulate'' etc
    Nice one, Kerr. You are like a dog with a bone on this topic; sixth time you've used the phrase "speculate to accumulate" this season. That said I agree with you that the portrayal of supporters as innocent in this context doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

If a point is worth making, its worth making several times, wendun.

Unfortunately some people extend that to repeating bad points...

If a point is worth making, its worth making several times, wendun.

Unfortunately some people extend that to repeating bad points...
    They do indeed, Kerr. What constitutes "bad" is perhaps debatable. My stance on TS is probably slightly obsessive. It's nothing personal but ever since a spell in Germany I have felt the model of club ownership in the UK to be "wrong". I argued it for many years at the FSA but it's too deeply embedded to change unless some seismic social or economic upheaval transpired.

Don't the supporters play their part with incessant demands that clubs 'speculate to accumulate'' etc
    Yes they do but " speculate to accumulate " is a misnomer.

If we believe half of what we read in the media Bolton are in the red to a figure of £41.6M.

That's some speculation that's gone wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Yes they do but " speculate to accumulate " is a misnomer.

If we believe half of what we read in the media Bolton are in the red to a figure of £41.6M.

That's some speculation that's gone wrong.
    Indeed. I'm not sure Kerr is wholly correct in his analysis. To say supporters' demands are "incessant" is hyperbolic and it's also highly debatable that supporter pressure has been a significant factor in UK transfer spending. I read a book on football finance a few years back - can't remember the name offhand but it had "game" in it - and the author suggested most pressure came from managers and some owners' own desire to "buy success". Fans are usually pretty realistic: no Man Utd fans I know wanted the club to shell out so much on Pogba for example.

I think the book was called The Beautiful Game? by David Conn.

https://twitter.com/officialrufc/sta...832794113?s=21

Bolton not going to play Brentford so Brentford are awarded a 1-0 automatic win over Bolton

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast