+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: EFL statement re- Bolton, Coventry,Blackpool, Charlton

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    https://twitter.com/officialrufc/sta...832794113?s=21

Bolton not going to play Brentford so Brentford are awarded a 1-0 automatic win over Bolton
    In know that where you finish in the Premiership, depends what you finally receive from the FA for your efforts in a season.
    Does this also apply to the Championship, or is a set fee from the EFL no mater where you finish?

Reason why I ask is that Brentford will climb above Blackburn with the award of the 3 points from the Bolton debacle' and put them in a position, to climb even higher above other clubs should they win their final match of the season and the other results go their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    In know that where you finish in the Premiership, depends what you finally receive from the FA for your efforts in a season.
    Does this also apply to the Championship, or is a set fee from the EFL no mater where you finish?

Reason why I ask is that Brentford will climb above Blackburn with the award of the 3 points from the Bolton debacle' and put them in a position, to climb even higher above other clubs should they win their final match of the season and the other results go their way.
    No idea mate

I may seem like I know it all 😆

but I don’t 😜

I don't think so. It's around £7m per club although those that get promoted might get more, certainly the playoff winners

if my memory serves me right we get 12% of the 7 million for going down

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

I'm not sure if there's a position based bonus in the championship. However the EFL's decision could set a dangerous precedent. Awarding the game to Brentford doesn't affect promotion/relegation but what if it did? If, for example, this had been a game in hand for us. The 3 points would have put us one point behind Millwall with a game to play. In the event that the Bolton fiasco is repeated in future and awarding the 3 points to a club did change the promotion/relegation position would they still take the same action, or are they only prepared to take this action when it's meaningless?

Just checked the prize money position. Last season top club Wolves received exactly the same prize money as every other Championship club, including the relegated clubs £6.8 million. Differences in payments only relate to payments for appearing in televised matches.

Is that so?

I thought there was a basic payment that all get the same plus a merit bonus based on where the club finishes?

It does set a very nasty precedent.
    That's why there needs to be severe sanctions to act as a deterrent

As people have already said the EFL need to take blame here. It's been coming for years with Bolton and efl have done nothing of note
    Last edited by flourbasher; 03-05-2019 at 06:03 PM.

The EFL wouldn’t be out of place in the U.K. brexit negotiations

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Is that so?

I thought there was a basic payment that all get the same plus a merit bonus based on where the club finishes?
    Basic award 2.3 million, solidarity payment 4.5 million + TV appearance money. No merit pay

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast