+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: EFL statement re- Bolton, Coventry,Blackpool, Charlton

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    We took a -12 for our first admin, then -17 for our second and rightly so. Expect Bolton to receive the mandatory - 12 for their admin but, should there also be a further -3 for failing to fulfil their fixtures or, should it be even worse?

When was the last time you heard of a club not fulfilling their league fixtures? I can't ever recall this scenario......
    I thought it was -10 for both our administrations and a subsequent -17 for not leaving administration in a nice way?

Bolton now officially gone into administration

Let’s see what EFL do now the ****ers

http://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48257398

Looking at the title again and I saw it mentions Charlton. Will they not want the EFL to buy the club if they start making money again?

Does it mean that Bolton are now free to talk to other posible owners now?

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Bolton now officially gone into administration

Let’s see what EFL do now the ****ers

http://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48257398
    They will undoubtedly give the club a 12 point penalty, as prescribed in the EFL rules, for the administration. I would be absolutely amazed if that does not happen.

The EFL have charged BWFC with a misconduct charge for not fulfilling a fixture. There is no set penalty for that offence. The EFL have options from a fine to expelling Bolton from the league. An additional points deduction is thought to be likely.

As stated in my previous post - if the administrator can't achieve a Company Voluntary Agreement, to wipe out the debts and allow the club to keep trading, they could be liquidated, which would mean expulsion from the EFL.

The total debts are apparently £46.1 million. HMRC are owed £1.2 million. HMRC will not be able to vote down a CVA on it's own. It depends how the other creditors vote which, to some extent, depends on what the administrator is able to offer.
    Football debts (players wages, unpaid transfer fees etc. get priority and will be paid in full if the funds are there)
    It's usually the case that a CVA is reached in these cases.

Frog - I believe it will be up to the administrator to talk to prospective new owners

edit: I know it's popular on here to believe that BWFC are being treated more leniently by the EFL than we would be. Personally I don't believe that

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    They will undoubtedly give the club a 12 point penalty, as prescribed in the EFL rules, for the administration. I would be absolutely amazed if that does not happen.

The EFL have charged BWFC with a misconduct charge for not fulfilling a fixture. There is no set penalty for that offence. The EFL have options from a fine to expelling Bolton from the league. An additional points deduction is thought to be likely.

As stated in my previous post - if the administrator can't achieve a Company Voluntary Agreement, to wipe out the debts and allow the club to keep trading, they could be liquidated, which would mean expulsion from the EFL.

The total debts are apparently £46.1 million. HMRC are owed £1.2 million. HMRC will not be able to vote down a CVA on it's own. It depends how the other creditors vote which, to some extent, depends on what the administrator is able to offer.
    Football debts (players wages, unpaid transfer fees etc. get priority and will be paid in full if the funds are there)
    It's usually the case that a CVA is reached in these cases.

Frog - I believe it will be up to the administrator to talk to prospective new owners

edit: I know it's popular on here to believe that BWFC are being treated more leniently by the EFL than we would be. Personally I don't believe that
    But it does seem that EFL have actually helped Bolton more than they did us, early payments and that, maybe if EFL did their job (as in the rules) them maybe Bolton would have been sorted out well before now.

Maybe the EFL are getting better MT

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Maybe the EFL are getting better MT
    They need a clear out, new board with set of rules that apply to all clubs but that won’t happen.

If two clubs are in same situation next season then you’d see different punishment from EFL, meaning one is favoured more than the other which should not happen.

How is a club only the size of Bolton, allowed to owe that much without anyone intervening? The total debts are apparently £46.1 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    How is a club only the size of Bolton, allowed to owe that much without anyone intervening? The total debts are apparently £46.1 million.
    That’s roughly £180 for every person that lives there

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast