+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: EFL statement re- Bolton, Coventry,Blackpool, Charlton

Quote Originally Posted by Redshank View Post
    I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

If it was a like for like situation now and we were clearly being treated differently to another club doing the same thing then I'd feel aggrieved.

As far as I can see, we weren't treated any differently to other clubs at the time (see Bournemouth, Luton etc.). Whether that was fair or unfair is a different argument.
    The point I’m making is No I don’t think they treat all clubs fairly at all.

I keep hearing (from EFL) that Birmingham could still be deducted points but so far it hasn’t happened, are they waiting to make sure they’re safe from the drop or whatever else ?

If the rules have been broken then they should be punished straightaway instead of waiting for what? being safe or hoping we all forget by next season?

In Bolton’s case it’s laughable that they they’ve been given time after time to sort their problems out but in the meantime it wasn’t a problem to fine Leeds for watching a club train.

Rules are there but for who?
    Last edited by millertop; 07-03-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    I don't want to see clubs go under, but I don't want to see clubs get off the hook either. Not after the punishments dished out to us and others in the past. They didn't waste much time dishing it out either. It's the Bolton case that annoys me the most. Probably because they've took 4 points off us with players, one in particular, who shouldn't have been in their team. Or maybe that says more about us than it does Bolton!
    Exactly

We were deducted 3 points because the paperwork for a loan player was incorrect.
    Bolton took a player on loan and didn't pay their part of the financial agreement which suggests the loan was invalid. They have suffered no sanctions and the situation is actually made worse because the loaning club lost the services of a key player.
    The EFL are developing a deserved reputation as an organisation that avoids taking decisive action against clubs who flout the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    We were deducted 3 points because the paperwork for a loan player was incorrect.
    Bolton took a player on loan and didn't pay their part of the financial agreement which suggests the loan was invalid. They have suffered no sanctions and the situation is actually made worse because the loaning club lost the services of a key player.
    The EFL are developing a deserved reputation as an organisation that avoids taking decisive action against clubs who flout the rules.
    The EFL don’t pick on people or clubs that can afford expensive legal teams to argue the case.

So action is heavily biased against the lower league, smaller clubs

How’s Bolton going to pay this?

Leeds United and Bolton Wanderers have been fined £5,000 and £8,000 respectively following their EFL Championship fixture on 23 February 2019. Both clubs accepted charges for failing to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion during the 69th minute.

In addition, Phil Parkinson has also been fined £3,000 and will serve a two-match touchline ban with immediate effect. The Bolton manager accepted a charge for misconduct in relation to

http://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47525012

Bolton players again have not been paid wages for February after being promised, surely something has to be done, absolute joke.

Players should refuse to play

A pal of mine who's a Bolton fan says they've already done that.......😉.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    a pal of mine who's a bolton fan says they've already done that.......��.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    http://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47525012

Bolton players again have not been paid wages for February after being promised, surely something has to be done, absolute joke.

Players should refuse to play
    The EFL has today been informed by the PFA that the playing squad at Bolton Wanderers have not received their February 2019 payments.

As a result, the EFL has taken the appropriate preventative steps in line with our stated policies in this area and have asked the Club for its observations.

In the meantime we will fine Leeds heavy for actually not breaking the rules and make sure we put the new rule (which we made up) in next season
    Last edited by millertop; 12-03-2019 at 08:33 AM.

Bolton players now been paid apparently, makes me wonder if Anderson is an attention seeker.

He’s been advice by police to stay away from next game due to social media abuse, maybe them armed police will take him out by mistake instead of the fan/s who might be on pitch

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast