+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: EFL statement re- Bolton, Coventry,Blackpool, Charlton

EFL statement re- Bolton, Coventry,Blackpool, Charlton

Clowns meeting by the sounds
    http://po.st/BoardUpdate

Can kicked firmly down the road.
    What a surprise ☹

Does anyone seriously want to see any club go under?

Coventry - still have time to see where they will play next season.

Blackpool - Finally resolved with receivers been brought in and handed over to a new board to look to resolve their issues and keep the club in a league.

Charlton - Stupid Chairman asking the impossible and denied rightly so.

Bolton - Still think they are on the precipice but are still working within the thinest margins of the rules.

Nothing untoward as I can see it.

Problem is Brin not every club is treated the same.
    We’ve been slaughtered in the past others seem to get away with more.

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    Exactly

I’d like EFL to do the job they’re suppose to do and equally no matter who they are

You certainly get the feeling that there's a more considered response by the EFL nowadays. Is this a bad thing? If we were "treated unfairly" should the same unfair treatment be dished out to others? I agree, it sticks in the throat, but it may be progress.

In a bizarre way our "slaughtering" may have worked massively in our favour in the long run. TS took the club over at a time when we were on our knees. Would he have been that interested (or able?) if we weren't in such a mess and available on the cheap? He wasn't really a "football person" before his involvement with RUFC, it could be that the challenge (& opportunity) to turn round a lost cause was the attraction. He could see the immediate potential that Ken Booth never spotted even though it was often staring him in the face!

The EFL "special treatment" actually did us a big favour

So if we were not to pay our/loan players wages but still let them play then we’d be alright?
    EFL would just give us time after time to sort it out?

No I don’t believe in fairies either

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    So if we were not to pay our/loan players wages but still let them play then we’d be alright?
    EFL would just give us time after time to sort it out?

No I don’t believe in fairies either
    I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

If it was a like for like situation now and we were clearly being treated differently to another club doing the same thing then I'd feel aggrieved.

As far as I can see, we weren't treated any differently to other clubs at the time (see Bournemouth, Luton etc.). Whether that was fair or unfair is a different argument.

I don't want to see clubs go under, but I don't want to see clubs get off the hook either. Not after the punishments dished out to us and others in the past. They didn't waste much time dishing it out either. It's the Bolton case that annoys me the most. Probably because they've took 4 points off us with players, one in particular, who shouldn't have been in their team. Or maybe that says more about us than it does Bolton!

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    Probably related to the size of the bung

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast