+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How long does it take!

How long does it take!

Supposedly Hardy had 2 offers that meet his expectations so how long does it take to make a decision and then for the deal to go through - any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Pieeyedandlegless View Post
    Supposedly Hardy had 2 offers that meet his expectations so how long does it take to make a decision and then the deal to go through - any thoughts?
    I hear they are counting up the coppers as we speak !

Supposedly Hardy had 2 offers that meet his expectations so how long does it take to make a decision and then for the deal to go through - any thoughts?
    He's probably waiting to be invited on a camel ride in the Middle East or something first? Think that's what happened with Munto.

With or without due diligence checks and a proper purchase contract? Not everyone's as naive as AH.

A few days for the former, I'd suggest 4-6 weeks for the latter assuming no negotiation blocks.

How long did the RT/AH sale take to go through? 10 days wasn't it or thereabouts? and both were in a hurry.

It is always a frustrating time for football fans when their club is being sold as the talks and due diligence take place, it could take weeks.

Daily Mail article - very interesting, especially the last couple of paragraphs

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa...mpionship.html
    Last edited by SwalePie; 07-03-2019 at 12:43 PM.

From what I understand he had received two offers of which were acceptable.
    He then has to do due diligence on his part to see what they're plans are.
    Then there is a period where they get excluse access to accounts to see if there are any hidden fees loans etc.
    Finally the accountants, solicitors and any stake holders carry out the transaction.

Think of the final part being roughly the same as a sale of a house and you won't be far off.
    I imagine we will be 3-6 weeks off completion.

As long as it takes Due Diligence etc will not happen overnight or in a week.