+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Abbott plays the opertunist race card again!

Abbott plays the opertunist race card again!

How predictable.

Amber Rudd’s description of Abbott as “coloured” was clumsy and silly,especially as that as a highly educated individual she should know better.

I have to constantly remind my elderly mother that what was the “norm” for much of her life is now not acceptable and that describing something that’s dark brown as n****r brown or people as “coloured” is now very much frowned upon.

The thing is that my mum is not a racist and I very much doubt that Amber Rudd is either.

It would be so refreshing to see the likes of Abbott refrain from such indignant “points scoring” type responses in the media and to have a personal quiet word with Rudd which she could so easily have done.

Rudd was actually using Diane Abbott in a very supportive way in the topic of discussion which makes the response seem all the more vindictive.

Rudd was publicy very apologetic to Abbott as soon as she realised her gaff.

On a personal note I entered a team in a tournament at the Hawthorns 5 years ago and we played a team that was Asian only in make up.

The “racism” our lads suffered at their hands was unbelievable and we had an Indian lad playing for us who’s dad is very well connected at the club and he wanted me to make an official complaint as he was so embarrassed about fellow Asians acting in that way.

I refused to do that and every time one of there lot called us “White Boy” we just laughed at them.

A sense of perspective is needed,especially by those supposedly representing us rather than this opertunistic stuff so prevalent at the moment.

Rudd was wrong but so was Abbott’s zest to put the boot in.

Abbott is the black equivalent of today's white liberal snowflake. I suppose she would be a blackflake. Any excuse to cry racism. My lovely niece is mixed race, I love her to bits but when I was talking to someone about her and said mixed race they were shocked and said the term you should use is mixed heritage. What the F**k. In my day it was half caste. I am sick of being frightened to speak in case someone is offended or I might have hurt their feelings. Well, I am sorry but bo**8cks your feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    ....... It would be so refreshing to see the likes of Abbott refrain from such indignant “points scoring” type responses in the media and to have a personal quiet word with Rudd which she could so easily have done........ Rudd was actually using Diane Abbott in a very supportive way in the topic of discussion which makes the response seem all the more vindictive........... Rudd was publicy very apologetic to Abbott as soon as she realised her gaff.......A sense of perspective is needed,especially by those supposedly representing us rather than this opertunistic stuff so prevalent at the moment.........Rudd was wrong but so was Abbott’s zest to put the boot in.
    Read the opening lines without knowing the story and my thoughts immediately went to this..........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-16423278

...... it's all about context Mick, apparently .

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Read the opening lines without knowing the story and my thoughts immediately went to this..........

How interesting 68.

But I’ll tell you something mate,I read that and I don’t feel offended either racially or factually.

It’s HER opinion and although i might argue the point with her my mind didn’t immediately scream “racist”when I read it.

My first thoughts were that she’d obviously never heard of Robert Mugabe and Idi Amin and many other of their ilk.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    How predictable.

Amber Rudd’s description of Abbott as “coloured” was clumsy and silly,especially as that as a highly educated individual she should know better.

I have to constantly remind my elderly mother that what was the “norm” for much of her life is now not acceptable and that describing something that’s dark brown as n****r brown or people as “coloured” is now very much frowned upon.

The thing is that my mum is not a racist and I very much doubt that Amber Rudd is either.

It would be so refreshing to see the likes of Abbott refrain from such indignant “points scoring” type responses in the media and to have a personal quiet word with Rudd which she could so easily have done.

Rudd was actually using Diane Abbott in a very supportive way in the topic of discussion which makes the response seem all the more vindictive.

Rudd was publicy very apologetic to Abbott as soon as she realised her gaff.

On a personal note I entered a team in a tournament at the Hawthorns 5 years ago and we played a team that was Asian only in make up.

The “racism” our lads suffered at their hands was unbelievable and we had an Indian lad playing for us who’s dad is very well connected at the club and he wanted me to make an official complaint as he was so embarrassed about fellow Asians acting in that way.

I refused to do that and every time one of there lot called us “White Boy” we just laughed at them.

A sense of perspective is needed,especially by those supposedly representing us rather than this opertunistic stuff so prevalent at the moment.

Rudd was wrong but so was Abbott’s zest to put the boot in.
    WTF. Bet Abbott was equally as clumsy when sitting on Mr Corbyn’s face! Works two ways as I am sure she does after 20 pints and 6 vodkas

These utter planks Abbott and Cos..Lammy are just race baiters whose sole reason for existing these days is to create a climate where everyone has to walk on eggshells. They look for words, phrases, anything that doesn't meet their correct terminology. They love it when people accidentally trip up because they can then jump on ya and bleat victimhood. I'm sick to the back teeth of their identity politics bull 5hit.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    These utter planks Abbott and Cos..Lammy are just race baiters whose sole reason for existing these days is to create a climate where everyone has to walk on eggshells. They look for words, phrases, anything that doesn't meet their correct terminology. They love it when people accidentally trip up because they can then jump on ya and bleat victimhood. I'm sick to the back teeth of their identity politics bull 5hit.
    Very well put Phil.....”race baiters” is a very erudite description.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post

There's some footage out there somewhere where Abbott is getting hauled over the coals by Andrew Neil over comments she'd made that were viewed as being racist. It is strange given she has previous form that she's been so undignified in her response to Amber Rudd who was actually sticking up for Abbott in the first place. Abbott, Lammy, Thornbury....the Labour dream team

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    There's some footage out there somewhere where Abbott is getting hauled over the coals by Andrew Neil over comments she'd made that were viewed as being racist............
    Yep, https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-pol...-tweet-comment .......

..... if I were a politician (once I'd picked myself up off the floor at being elected as one) never mind a high ranking one, I'd be wary committing anything to twitter where my point could be compromised through lack of word count. Mathematics isn't her strong point though apparently. I wonder what is ....... ?

The ones that insist on using the 'race' card seem incapable of accepting equality.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)