+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: On this day, 1984

On this day, 1984

Újpest Dózsa 2-0 Aberdeen

There were some incredible Dons misses in this game.

Jeezo kkong fit a blast from the past. Rougvie min, Strachan min. Chunces. I canna mind much of the game over there. I mind going up for the home leg. McGhee hatrick, extra time and how the hell do I get home.

I think the game was played at around 4pm UK time, and a mate and me listened to it whilst we were hanging about Overhill Gardens in BoD...

Holy f@ck thats abysmal finishing

Special word to Leighton for totally misjudging the first and signalling its going for a goal kick

Offered nothing up front, defence was useless, Donald needs to get his hand in his pocket and replace Fergie's has-been pal Miller...

Fergie obviously can't motivate them now they think they're Billy big timers

sAcK fERguSOn

If I remember it right, we were 1-0 up with 5 minutes to go and heading out and then McGhee scored again to set up extra time and then he scored again in extra time. I always absolutely absolutely loved McGhee as a player. Hard to believe how much I ended hating him as our manager. Completely useless. Completely deluded.