+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jake Hastie’s future decided?

We can regret Hastie's departure but it's easy to say in hindsight we should have dealt with it earlier...for every Hastie there are more like Ross Forbes, Luke Watt or Dom Thomas.

Anyway, I actually think we were a bit unlucky - for the long-term - at his immediate impact, useful as it obviously was. Even the best players rarely start with five goals in seven or whatever he had, if instead he'd had a promising but 'normal' start Rangers wouldn't be interested and I'd have no doubt he'd sign. It's also worth wondering if we want him on a contract of a five goals in seven games player...that's what his agent will be asking for, not a salary that reflects the Celtic or Killie games where he barely touched the ball.

We have done very well under Burrows and Robinson by staying calm and sticking to our principals and budget. Losing only one of our star grouping before we were ready is still pretty good going, there is no need to throw toys out the pram.

All the above correct and I blame Robinson.
    We had a torrid start to season and not until January when Hastie, Gorrin, Hastie and Scott when called in to rescue our season have we seen turnaround. Another but experienced player is Grimshaw who only NOW gets a run and IMO made an immediate impact.
    Robinson been reluctant to introduce, played his favourites, i.e. Rose,McHugh and Frear and why signed an injured McCormack and Sammon beggars belief.
    LSM correct … these guys contracts should have been sorted summer 2018 and had an acceptable offer came in, could consider its acceptance. Robinson a lucky man we had Craigan coaching our future.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    Did you not say almost exactly the same thing a year ago when they signed Murphy?

Have Sevco not gone bust yet then?
    Probably. The clock is ticking. It's only a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by dasdeid View Post
    All the above correct and I blame Robinson.
    We had a torrid start to season and not until January when Hastie, Gorrin, Hastie and Scott when called in to rescue our season have we seen turnaround. Another but experienced player is Grimshaw who only NOW gets a run and IMO made an immediate impact.
    Robinson been reluctant to introduce, played his favourites, i.e. Rose,McHugh and Frear and why signed an injured McCormack and Sammon beggars belief.
    LSM correct … these guys contracts should have been sorted summer 2018 and had an acceptable offer came in, could consider its acceptance. Robinson a lucky man we had Craigan coaching our future.
    I'm not sure Hastie was quoted whilst he was out on loan. It was only the utterly desperate situation we were in that led to his recall.

He's had a good start in the first team but he's not consistent which is to be expected. I would love him to stay but if he sees his future elsewhere I can live with that. Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

Both Robinson and Hastie seem to reckon he wasn't ready before the loan fwiw.

Anyway, disappointing he didn't kiss the badge today!

Done very well by sticking to our principles? Just start with Sammon. How does that fit in?

Quote Originally Posted by choccy1314 View Post
    Done very well by sticking to our principles? Just start with Sammon. How does that fit in?
    Signed and virtually binned immediately when deemed not good enough seems the definition of sticking to our principles to me. Plenty other managers would have refused to admit they were wrong and insisted on giving him time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)