+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Safranko

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Agree to disagree
    Many folk do Frank lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Eamons_lost_wig_04 View Post
    Agree with Whitfield to a point but then who has been good for us recently? I think he can score us plenty of goals but we are definitely not making any good chances for him on a regular basis. My only gripe with him as a player is he seems to be out wide too much instead of in the box where ha can be effective(probably because we have no wingers running into the channels drgaging defences out of shape and our full backs cant get forward enough either to put balls into the box)
    Similar type to big John Daly but big difference in supply when you think of all the superb balls he had fed into the box from likes of Dickers, Conway, Swanson,Kova etc

edited to say....you only have to look at Clark who is usually prolific in this league, pens aside I have not seen many clear cut chances for him either. Got to feed the strikers simple as that!!
    Agree with what you say. I’m still a bit uncertain about letting Aird go. Most assists in division when he left and linked up well with Safranko- we miss his crosses

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Seaman offers nothing going forward. Imo he is not an attacking full back.

That makes us lopsided as Robson and Booth to a lesser extent can offer something going forward.

We seek to be caught between two extremes.

We either punt it long or get stuck playing the ball sideways.

We need players find the balance between those two extremes. That's takes bravery from the players and vision.

I would like to see us try an old school diamond midfield. Play between the lines with a central anchor both in front of the defence and in behind the strikers like an old school number 8 and two 'hug the touchline and beat the man' wingers.

But it'll be more 4-2-3-1 paint by numbers I fear.

I wonder if Robbie feels that is all he can do with the players short term before pre season.
    Easy to see that midfield diamond would fit what we have. Safranko and Clark up front with Cammy / McM / Stanton etc in behind. Would like to see it but won’t hold my breath!

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Easy to see that midfield diamond would fit what we have. Safranko and Clark up front with Cammy / McM / Stanton etc in behind. Would like to see it but won’t hold my breath!
    never gonna happen unfortunately mate, RN clearly doesnt have the bottle or the brains to change it

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    ..... is a headless chicken.

We better not be paying top dollar to get him on a permanent basis.

Found out now unfortunately after a decent start.
    Yip. Still a headless chicken now combined with being an absolute puddin.

When's Sow fit?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Yip. Still a headless chicken now combined with being an absolute puddin.

When's Sow fit?
    Sadly I think we found out why Pav is not rated by Aalborg and his limitations today. The number of chances for him today was extreme. The miss from 4 yards out was ridiculous but he kept working and it just would not go in for him.

His work effort and ability to lead the line is excellent. He though just would be better along with a strike partner like Clark. Today 4-4-2 would have made sense as QOS were playing a deep 4-4-1-1 - 2 banks of 4 and playing up to Dobbie. At least with subs RN realised he did not need to persist with 2 holding midfielders.

Safranko has some quality but today was a bad day at the office. It has to be Pav on Friday and lets hope he and the team can turn it around with a win

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    never gonna happen unfortunately mate, RN clearly doesnt have the bottle or the brains to change it
    No doubt this will upset the pro RN’s on here but for me we need a manager who will play a system that suits his players and doesn’t give a fck about playing ‘the right way’.
    And a manager who gets the best out of his players which I don’t believe RN does.
    That’ll have to be the same manager obviously.

Spot on. ****e about playing the right way. Need a manager who will win at all costs. Didn't even chuck the centre half's forward at the end today.

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    No doubt this will upset the pro RN’s on here but for me we need a manager who will play a system that suits his players and doesn’t give a fck about playing ‘the right way’.
    And a manager who gets the best out of his players which I don’t believe RN does.
    That’ll have to be the same manager obviously.
    i dont think many will disagree with you tbh, Signing Smith was a complete waste of time if we dont play him in his natural position, of which, and i'll repeat myself again, he earned POTY at St Mirren. Its absolutely f cuking mind boggling.

F uck largs, f uck SFA negative coaching, and f uck 4-2-3-1

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    i dont think many will disagree with you tbh, Signing Smith was a complete waste of time if we dont play him in his natural position, of which, and i'll repeat myself again, he earned POTY at St Mirren. Its absolutely f cuking mind boggling.

F uck largs, f uck SFA negative coaching, and f uck 4-2-3-1
    Smith must be like this is the 2nd time!! This is history repeating itself far too eerily! Im fed up slagging off formations as folk just have a go but we dont have players for that system

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)