+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Safranko

Seaman offers nothing going forward. Imo he is not an attacking full back.

That makes us lopsided as Robson and Booth to a lesser extent can offer something going forward.

We seek to be caught between two extremes.

We either punt it long or get stuck playing the ball sideways.

We need players find the balance between those two extremes. That's takes bravery from the players and vision.

I would like to see us try an old school diamond midfield. Play between the lines with a central anchor both in front of the defence and in behind the strikers like an old school number 8 and two 'hug the touchline and beat the man' wingers.

But it'll be more 4-2-3-1 paint by numbers I fear.

I wonder if Robbie feels that is all he can do with the players short term before pre season.

Seaman has offered more attacking threat going forward in his short time here than Murdoch and Watson put together. He also runs at players with more confidence than i ever seen from Aird, McMullan, King and either of the Smiths.

Frank! Great post as usual. Agree but seaman can offer a forward view. I also think thats exactly what robbie feels. We aint going up. I want robbie for next year if im honest.

Stop the merry go round of sackings - we have a decent manager here trying to undo years of neglect xx

just to add I do feel it is difficult for our full backs as they have nout in front of them most of the time....can be a hard shift trying to get forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamons_lost_wig_04 View Post
    just to add I do feel it is difficult for our full backs as they have nout in front of them most of the time....can be a hard shift trying to get forward.
    yup no movement and then when it happens it comes straight back - every phucking time

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Seaman has offered more attacking threat going forward in his short time here than Murdoch and Watson put together. He also runs at players with more confidence than i ever seen from Aird, McMullan, King and either of the Smiths.
    Against ICT in the cup he looked like he was towing a caravan when approaching the half way line

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Against ICT in the cup he looked like he was towing a caravan when approaching the half way line
    no he didnt

Quote Originally Posted by Eamons_lost_wig_04 View Post
    Agree.

Having traditional wingers ahead of them may just relax that pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    no he didnt
    Agree to disagree

Lets go the full old fashioned way with a 2 - 3 - 5

Any team facing 5 charging front men is going to have to sit back, and with the total emphasis on going forward for 95 minutes we will win much more than we lose....

I don't suppose thats what Largs would like, but frankly the systems and methods spouted by Largs has totally fecked the Scottish game at all levels.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)