+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Players out of Contract at the end of the Season

Players out of Contract at the end of the Season

Darren Potter, Joe Mattock, Jamie Proctor, Jon Taylor, Anthony Forde, Joe Newell, Alex Bray, Laurence Bilboe, Akeem Hinds, Dominic Ball, David Ball, Jerry Yates, Tyrone Lewthwaite, Jake Southern-Cooper

What will Warney do?

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    Darren Potter, Joe Mattock, Jamie Proctor, Jon Taylor, Anthony Forde, Joe Newell, Alex Bray, Laurence Bilboe, Akeem Hinds, Dominic Ball, David Ball, Jerry Yates, Tyrone Lewthwaite, Jake Southern-Cooper

What will Warney do?

Panic probably

I thought Proctor signed a new deal at the same time as Michael Smith? I expect Mattock, Taylor and Forde will be offered new deals and will probably sign, not sure about the youngsters but Potter, the 2 Balls, Bray and Yates are gone.
    Newell is the interesting one. At one point he was really sought after but he doesn't work hard enough to be a regular at this level for me.

There’s an updated thread in the sticky section, don’t know if you can see it on phones

Proctor 2021
    Yates 2020
    Last edited by millertop; 08-03-2019 at 11:42 AM.

What will Warney do?
    Another interesting question would be what do the players want to do ? Also depends which league we are in

Would be surprised to say the least to see all of those names on our payroll in 12 months time

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    I thought Proctor signed a new deal at the same time as Michael Smith? I expect Mattock, Taylor and Forde will be offered new deals and will probably sign, not sure about the youngsters but Potter, the 2 Balls, Bray and Yates are gone.
    Newell is the interesting one. At one point he was really sought after but he doesn't work hard enough to be a regular at this level for me.
    Think you are right about Proctor. Mattock has been the best of the bunch (so far). Seems to be a long-term fitness problem with Newell, that our training/fitness team is unable to solve. A pity, because he's one of our most skillful players and a potential match-winner

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Think you are right about Proctor. Mattock has been the best of the bunch (so far). Seems to be a long-term fitness problem with Newell, that our training/fitness team is unable to solve. A pity, because he's one of our most skillful players and a potential match-winner

One good game in five is about Newell’s average.

He can’t tackle either

Useful player in league 1 but on average defences are too good for him in the Championship

Mattock for me is a keep if we can.

I'd agree Newell is ineffective.
    It's difficult for him though because most opposition teams place 2/3 markers on him to stop him playing because if he does gets going he can be very useful

Mattock has vastly improved and certainly deserves a new contract if he wants to stay

What will Warney do?
    Potter shame but get rid
    Mattock Taylor and Forde extend.
    Bray, Dom ball, d ball, bilboe, hinds, Newell let go
    Not sure about youngsters.

Yates and proctor. As mentioned already have contracts (FFS). Still annoyed about both getting contracts. If we want to be in the championship we need players better than the other two strikers not worst,. Even brin could score more than Yates

We should offer Newell a new deal IMO. On hus day he's the most talented player at the club. I seriously doubt he will stay though. Perhaps no great loss if we stay up, but a bigger loss if we go down as I suspect he'll end up in L1 next season anyway, probably with a fancied club.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast