+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lincoln do Notts favour

If we lose today then I will sadly accept that relegation is inevitable.

Its only really relevant when these teams are below you. Notts have to win themselves and get above these teams. I give County about a 5% chance of staying up. Its now time for action not words.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    If we lose today then I will sadly accept that relegation is inevitable.
    It would leave us with a requirement of nearly 2points/game and make the mini-run we had a distant memory.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We will lose if Ardley plays opts for "Nolan" type football again.....With them having a team of six footers we need to play it on the ground.. COYP
    Completely agree and with the windy weather it'll not suit a hoof ball game that Cheltenham would prefer. We looked good when we played it on the ground, why he changed that I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Today and Tuesday are not the win or bust games some suggest. Both are difficult games with Cheltenham a good team at home recently, drew with a flying Bury in midweek. Then Carlisle on Tuesday who are on the coat tails of the play offs. I would love 6 points, but realistically it ain’t happening. I think best case is win and lose, taking 3 points. What is more likely is that we draw and lose, taking a point. Morecambe next week is the make or break game for us, anything from the 2 games before that is a bonus for me. Just look at our away record, expecting maximum points is nuts.
    Many said the Port Vale game was the make or break game last week, how many make or break games do we have left?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Lincoln beat Yeovil 1-0 tonight keeping them down in the relegation mix
    I cannot fault your optimism Swale, sadly it will only be a favour if we return to the Lane clutching three points I have to add.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Many said the Port Vale game was the make or break game last week, how many make or break games do we have left?

@ 10 after today. 6 wins and we stand a chance of staying up. Sadly, I doubt we'll get another 2 all season. Whatever happens, I can hardly, (no pun intended), wait for this train wreck of a season to be over.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Wise counsel, i961. That 0-0 draw really was all the evidence needed to say that even Ardley's revamp has not done the business. There remains of course the possibility that the 11 games we have left are literally that. Notts may actually cease to exist at the end of them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12