+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lincoln do Notts favour

Lincoln do Notts favour

Lincoln beat Yeovil 1-0 tonight keeping them down in the relegation mix

Need to do ourselves a massive favour today. No buts.......

It’s win or bust over the next thre or four games, draws are no longer any good. We have to go all out and risk losing.

Whilst it is good that other teams are slipping up we are ultimately masters of our own destiny. We are now at the business end of the season and we need wins.

If you look at the table Crawley in 18th have lost 18 games the same as us and so have Cambridge, Morecombe and Yeovil. The thing with those teams is they have won a similar amount of games that we have drew.

So yes I’d agree we have to get wins on the board now starting with Cheltenham today and Morecambe at home next Saturday.

Mansfield could do us another favour today - the only problem being is that we seem chronically incapable of doing OURSELVES a favour

Yes, we're adrift again. Draws are not enough

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    Mansfield could do us another favour today - the only problem being is that we seem chronically incapable of doing OURSELVES a favour
    We will lose if Ardley plays opts for "Nolan" type football again.....With them having a team of six footers we need to play it on the ground.. COYP

We need to ditch the 4-4-2 and play with three midfielders. 4-3-3 works best for me with the type of players we've got.

Yeovil would have been a target if we'd taken the trouble to beat them. Others still to catch up first.

Today and Tuesday are not the win or bust games some suggest. Both are difficult games with Cheltenham a good team at home recently, drew with a flying Bury in midweek. Then Carlisle on Tuesday who are on the coat tails of the play offs. I would love 6 points, but realistically it ain’t happening. I think best case is win and lose, taking 3 points. What is more likely is that we draw and lose, taking a point. Morecambe next week is the make or break game for us, anything from the 2 games before that is a bonus for me. Just look at our away record, expecting maximum points is nuts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast