+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mad dog or Cotterill

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Neither thanks!

Why are Notts fans soooooo obsessed with ex players and managers???
    because we are so crap at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by jscarr View Post
    because we are so crap at the moment.

Orrrrr, could it be that MadDog has a history of helping clubs avoid relegation?

Just a thought.

No to Cotterill and mad dog who has health issues and is a spent force who was hopeless at Chesterfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    No to Cotterill and mad dog who has health issues and is a spent force who was hopeless at Chesterfield.
    Correct we can’t keep looking backwards for a saviour. I liked Cotteril and the time for his return was after Jon Sheridan was sacked when Alan Hardy first took over.

With regards to Martin Allen there is no dispute he has the character and charisma to galvanise a club and it’s supporters. But it’s now 7 years since he left the club and as you say he has had health issues and it’s not worked for him at Chesterfield.

I guess deep down we all want a saviour over the next ten games to pull off a miracle, but this time it doesn’t look like there is one. That’s the saddest part, nobody at the club seems to be able to affect it or stop this car crash of a season from burning the club down no matter what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    If Notts had the cash they could offer Big Sam 10k per match to manage the last 10 matches with a 50k bonus if we avoided relegation. Keep Ardly on as Sams assistant to learn under a master. - If we got rid of Ardley at the end of the season it would probably cost more that 150k anyway so its a win win (hopefully)

(I posted this in another thread but thought it be better here)
    Sam wouldn't take it for £10k a day let alone match. That works out at just over £500k and even then I don't think he'd do it, he's said in the past he'll only take big jobs now because he doesn't need to work so it would have to be something good, the fact he was here previously won't tempt him as much as people seem to think, I doubt he's cared about Notts since the day he left.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Orrrrr, could it be that MadDog has a history of helping clubs avoid relegation?

Just a thought.
    His theatre show has now worn very thin.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Ian McParland
    Well he did keep us in the League with a bunch of losers before.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    His theatre show has now worn very
    thin.
    Nowhere near as thin as Del Boy Ardleys. 10 games to go, points behind, morale lower than an old mans nuts. Between the 2 managers, who do you think is most likely to get us out of this dreadful situation???

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Well he did keep us in the League with a bunch of losers before.
    Agreed. I could think of a lot worse options and I know I'll get shot down for saying that....

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Agreed. I could think of a lot worse options and I know I'll get shot down for saying that....
    I think only Fullerton (just), Guy Branston and Alan Hardy himself would be worse options than McParland. There's a reason he's done f*ck all since Notts sacked him for underperforming with a squad managers can only dream of, he's sh*t.

But he built that squad Delroy! I imagine people will say... If you give me a blank chequebook I could build one just as good if not better, the only good signing he made that didn't have Munto behind it imo was Craig Westcarr, maybe Ravenhill and Bishop at a push but they were still captains of their teams who probably wouldn't have needed to come to Notts at that point in their careers.

Also, it's no good building a great squad, even with monopoly money, if you can't get them to perform, if he couldn't get Lee Hughes, Ben Davies, Kasper Schmeichel (who he thought wasn't as good as Hoult btw), Johnnie Jackson, Graeme Lee etc to perform then the thought of him trying to get anything from our current squad is about as likely as us making a push for the playoffs.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast